New smartphones give instant access to FacebookFebruary 16th, 2011 - 4:16 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, Feb 16 (IANS) Mobile phone giant HTC has launched two handsets - called Salsa and ChaCha - that will provide instant access to Facebook.By punching in the ‘F’ logo, users will be able to instantly share photos, music and even their exact location on an inbuilt map from their mobile phone.
At the moment, owners of iPhones and similar products have to use a touchscreen process to access pages on the popular social networking site.
In a clear attempt to target the teenage market, the Taiwanese phonemaker called the two phones Salsa and ChaCha, the Daily Mail reports.
Salsa is a touchscreen-only phone with a 3.4-inch screen. ChaCha has 2.6-inch touchscreen with a separate keyboard, which looks a lot like a Blackberry.
Parents faced with children badgering them for one of the new gadgets may only have weeks to save up the cash as the phones may be on sale in Britain in April.
HTC and Facebook have spent two years developing the two phones. The devices have Facebook built into their contacts system, allowing users to see Facebook friends and message them.
When taking photos, the user simply has to press the F button and the images will appear on their Facebook profile. Similarly, when using Google maps, owners of the phone can press the F button to give friends their exact location.
Peter Chou, CEO of HTC, said: “We wanted to create the ultimate socially connected phones with mass market appeal.”
- Now, access Facebook on your mobile phone at the touch of a button! - Feb 16, 2011
- Rumored Facebook Phones are Coming - Feb 16, 2011
- HTC launches Sensation smartphone in India - Jun 16, 2011
- Facebook 'working on phone with HTC' - Jul 27, 2012
- Now, Facebook launches its own phone - Feb 11, 2011
- LG Electronics launches new flagship smartphone - Sep 18, 2012
- HTC Evo Shift Unveiled By Sprint Nextel, Possibly Coming At CES 2011 - Jan 05, 2011
- MTS launches two Android phones for below Rs.5,000 - Aug 31, 2011
- Facebook is partnering with HTC for a Smartphone - Nov 22, 2011
- Facebook set to launch mobile phone - Feb 11, 2011
- HTC brings its tablet, HTC Flyer to India - Jun 27, 2011
- Blackberry Torch review - Sep 22, 2010
- Google, HTC and Verizon set to challenge iPad - Aug 19, 2010
- Apple's iPad named 'Gadget of the Year' - Oct 12, 2010
- Smartphone users reject apps over privacy issues - Sep 06, 2012
Tags: access pages, chacha, daily mail, exact location, facebook friends, google, google maps, handsets, htc, instant access, mail reports, mass market appeal, mobile phone giant, new gadgets, photos music, share photos, similar products, social networking site, taking photos, teenage market