New route to connect Delhi-Ambala, Delhi-Jaipur highwaysApril 12th, 2011 - 10:59 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, April 12 (IANS) A new highway, to be built in Haryana at the cost of Rs.1,800 crore, will link National Highway No. 1 (Delhi-Ambala) with National Highway No.8 (Delhi-Jaipur), thus linking north and south parts of the state, MP Deepender Singh Hooda said Tuesday.
Union Road Transport and Highways Minister C.P. Joshi would lay the foundation stone of the new Panipat-Bawal highway at Jhajjar on May 15. It will be nearly 170 km long.
“This national highway would connect the northern and southern Haryana through Panipat, Rohtak, Jhajjar and Bawal,” Hooda said.
The NH-1 and NH-8, used by thousands of goods carriers and other vehicles daily, are two most strategic and busy highways passing through Haryana. The new highway will join NH-1 at Panipat and NH-8 at industrial hub Bawal, 60 km from New Delhi.
The linking of both highways through another highway will help vehicles to bypass New Delhi and other areas of the national capital region (NCR).
Describing the ambitious project as a boon for people, Hooda said it would open new vistas of progress and prosperity.
The Bawal-Jhajjar-Rohtak section would be 85 km long and is likely to incur a cost of about Rs.1,000 crore. The Panipat-Gohana-Rohtak section would be 82 km long and incur a cost of about Rs.800 crore, Hooda said.
Hooda said that no village would be affected with this highway as it would bypass the villages along the route. Many bypasses would be constructed in this highway, he added.
- Hooda pulls up officials for expressway construction delay (Lead) - Apr 17, 2010
- Olympic winners get rewards, cars - Aug 26, 2012
- Haryana plans science summer coaching in schools - May 01, 2011
- After Rewari violence, Haryana stops land acquisition - Jul 26, 2012
- Haryana expressway to de-congest Delhi traffic delayed again - Dec 23, 2010
- Haryana to set up Japanese township near Rohtak - Nov 09, 2010
- 35 new roads urged in national capital region - Jun 05, 2010
- AIIMS-II launched in Haryana village - May 31, 2012
- Haryana announces Rs.1 crore for Gagan Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Agitating farmers lift Haryana highway blockade - Mar 02, 2012
- Haryana Police to monitor 'crime-prone' villages - Jul 03, 2012
- National Highway No:1: India's melancholy road - Jul 01, 2011
- India's first RFID technology toll comes up near Chandigarh - Apr 19, 2012
- Government clears three highway projects - Jan 12, 2012
- Complete the work, it's already late: Hooda on expressway - Apr 17, 2010
Tags: ambala, ambitious project, bypasses, crore, foundation stone, haryana, highway no 1, hooda, industrial hub, jaipur, jhajjar, joshi, new vistas, other vehicles, panipat, road transport, rohtak, rs 1, rs 800, state mp