New Recruit At Berkshire Likely To Be Buffett’s SuccessorOctober 26th, 2010 - 7:03 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
October 26, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Berkshire Hathaway known as BRK.A in short was rife with the rumors of Warren Buffett grooming his successor. The rumors started circulating after a hedge fund manager was recruited by the organization.
Berkshire had announced the recruitment of the 39 year old Todd Combs by way of a press release. Combs had been the manager of Greenwich, Conn based Castle Point Capital which dealt with equity investment hedge funds. His current responsibilities are believed to be substantial.
Buffett disclosed that both he and Charles Munger had been on a look out for a person of Todd’s caliber who could handle a sizable portion of Berkshire’s investment portfolio. He added that they were delighted that Todd would be joining them.
The current holdings of Berkshire include Johnson & Johnson(JNJ), Moody’s(MCO), Wells Fargo(WFC), Fiserv(FISV) and Wal-Mart(WMT). $46.4 billion was the value of Berkshire’s stock portfolio on 30th June according to the latest SEC filings.
Associated Press reports that Combs had been managing a U.S. stock portfolio worth $280 million at Castle Point by June end. He had managed the funds at Castle Point Capital for a period of five years. Castle Point is expected to wind down after Combs leaves reports MarketWatch.
Although the news about the new successor has not been confirmed as yet, plans seem to be in tune with the outlines formulated by the 80 year old Warren Buffett. The search for Buffett’s successor has gone on for three years now captivating the financial world. Buffett also enjoys a huge fan following, most of whom travel to Omaha, Nebraska in order to attend the Woodstock of Capitalism, the annual meeting of Berkshire.
- Todd Anthony Combs: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Successor - Oct 26, 2010
- Warren Buffett Vends Stakes In Carmax, Home Depot And Republic As Per His 2010 Regulatory Filing - Nov 16, 2010
- Warren Buffett seems to have chosen his successor - Aug 16, 2011
- Rajat Gupta's trial: Prosecutors play FBI wiretaps - May 25, 2012
- Warren Buffett diagnosed with prostate cancer - Apr 18, 2012
- Rajaratnam used Indian-American 'corporate spies': Prosecution - Apr 21, 2011
- Former Goldman director Rajat Gupta charged in US insider case - Mar 02, 2011
- Is Greg Abel The Prospective Successor Of Warren Buffett? - Jan 19, 2011
- Secret tapes show Rajaratnam traded on tips from Goldman source - Mar 31, 2011
- Warren Buffet's 2010 Regulatory Filing Unveils Surprise Moves - Nov 17, 2010
- Trial begins in biggest US insider trading case - Mar 09, 2011
- Buffett to invest more in India - Mar 23, 2011
- Rajat Gupta threw away his duties: Prosecution - May 22, 2012
- Greg Abel Represents A New Contender For The Post Of The Billionaire, Warren Buffett - Jan 19, 2011
- Did Rajat Gupta spill the beans about Project Moon? - May 26, 2012
Tags: berkshire hathaway, castle point, charles munger, equity investment, fiserv, fisv, hedge fund manager, investment portfolio, jnj, men at work, new recruit, pen men, portfolio worth, sizable portion, stock portfolio, wal mart, wal mart wmt, warren buffett, wells fargo, wfc