New PCB appointments: Salim Altaf is new Chief Operating OfficerNovember 11th, 2008 - 2:59 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Nov 11 (ANI): PCB Director General Salim Altaf has been appointed as the new Chief Operating Officer of the Board. He replaces Shafqat Naghmi who was sacked last month.
In other important PCB appointments after new PCB chief Ijaz Butt took over, former Test opener Aamir Sohail was appointed as the National Cricket Academy (NCA) director, replacing Mudassar Nazar who left for a coaching post with the International Cricket Council (ICC) last month.
Aamir had been widely touted to pick up a key role in the current administration, though many had thought he would resurrect his role as chief selector again. He first held that position in 2003 under then chairman Tauqir Zia.
Besides, former Test wicketkeeper Wasim Bari has been given the assignment of Director of Human Resource and Administration. Bari (60) had retired from Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) in March after serving the national carrier for over 40 years. He had replaced Nadeem Akram who was also shown the door last month. Bari, the first Test cricketer to be appointed on this post, will take charge of his new job on November 18.
Addressing a news conference at the Gaddafi Stadium here yesterday, new Chief Operating Officer Salim said that the decisions were taken by the PCBs governing board that met for the first time under the chairmanship of Ijaz Butt. (ANI)
- PCB appoints Sohail as new Academy chief - Nov 10, 2008
- PCB sacks chief operating officer Salim Altaf - Sep 01, 2009
- PCB appoints Bari as interim COO - Sep 01, 2009
- Pakistan Cricket Board appoints Bari chief operation officer - Sep 07, 2009
- Souring relations with Butt making it hard for Bari to survive in PCB? - Jul 07, 2010
- Zardari likely to sack PCB chief Ijaz Butt - Apr 25, 2011
- PCB governing council to decide on full-time batting coach - Nov 01, 2010
- 'Politics' comes to the fore in PCB as Butt sidelines 'trusted' Wasim Bari - Jun 11, 2010
- Zardari appoints close friend as PCB chief,Butt shown the door - Oct 12, 2011
- Now, Bari in "battle of egos" with Aamir Sohail - Jul 03, 2009
- Miandad threatens to quit PCB - Feb 02, 2010
- 'Shape up or ship out' ultimatum issued to beleaguered PCB boss Butt - Oct 04, 2010
- 'No job satisfaction' leads to Sohail's resignation from PCB - Jul 21, 2009
- 'Zardari under tremendous pressure to sack PCB chief Ijaz Butt' - Aug 14, 2010
- Wasim Bari back in PCB ranks as 'Education and Training Director' - Dec 12, 2010
Tags: akram, altaf, chairmanship, chief operating officer, current administration, first test, gaddafi stadium, governing board, international cricket council, key role, national carrier, national cricket academy, nazar, nca, pakistan international airlines, pcb, pcbs, salim, tauqir zia, wasim bari