New industrial complex coming up in eastern Saudi ArabiaSeptember 15th, 2008 - 10:55 am ICT by IANS
Dubai, Sep 15 (IANS) A new industrial complex spread over 600,000 sq mts is going to come up in Dammam, the capital and largest city of Saudi Arabia’s Eastern Province.Building and construction materials manufacturer Construction Products Holding Company (CPC) has announced that its new integrated complex at the Dammam Industrial Zone will include an electric cables factory, a construction steel factory, float glass factory, ready-mix concrete plant, precast concrete plant, transportation company, warehouses and housing and office facilities.
When completed, it will be CPC’s fourth industrial complex and the third largest, Faysal Alaquil, director of business development and CPC official spokesperson, said in a company statement.
“It will have the most advanced equipment and machinery so as to meet the great demand of construction projects in the eastern region,” he said.
“Our Dammam industrial complex is the fourth for CPC and the third in terms of size and it is in line with our development plan to extend our reach across Saudi Arabia with ‘one stop shops’ offering building and construction materials straight from our factories.”
As of now, CPC has industrial complexes in Jeddah, Bahra and Riyadh.
CPC is a member of the Saudi Binladin Group (SBG) of companies and is considered the extended industrial arm of SBG.
Apart from Saudi Arabia, its key markets include Europe, southeast Asia and the US.
Though Dammam is the eastern region’s largest city, it has seen less investment than its neighbouring cities of Khobar, a thriving economic hub, and Dhahran, headquarters of the world’s largest oil company Saudi Aramco.
- Saudi construction firm opens branch in India - Nov 16, 2008
- Punj Llyod bags engineering contract from Saudi oil firm - Sep 20, 2010
- Maytas Infra touches 52-week high on stake sale news - Jun 21, 2010
- Saudi oil stock exaggerated by 40 percent: WikiLeaks - Feb 10, 2011
- Pakistani beheaded for heroin trafficking in Saudi Arabia - Jan 31, 2012
- WiliLeaks cables state Saudi oil reserves may be overstated by almost 40 percent - Feb 10, 2011
- Russia's Gazprom world's most profitable firm in 2011 - Jul 31, 2012
- Family shocked at Bihar engineer's arrest on terror charges - May 21, 2012
- Wipro leading IT service provider in Saudi Arabia - Dec 05, 2011
- Saudi Arabia detains woman for defying driving ban - May 23, 2011
- Saudi woman held for defying driving ban - May 22, 2011
- Saudi, Indian firms explore investment options (Lead) - Feb 24, 2011
- Saudi Arabia to build world's largest gold factory - Jan 05, 2011
- Saudi Arabia seeks to boost trade, investment with India - Jan 04, 2012
- KEC International bags orders worth Rs.1,253 crore - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: bahra, company cpc, concrete plant, construction products, construction steel, eastern province, eastern saudi arabia, economic hub, electric cables, float glass factory, industrial complex, industrial complexes, industrial zone, materials manufacturer, neighbouring cities, ready mix, saudi aramco, saudi binladin group, sq mts, steel factory