New guidelines for Delhi legislator development fundsJuly 31st, 2012 - 12:52 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 30 (IANS) The Delhi cabinet Monday approved a proposal for the revised guidelines for Members of Legislative Assembly Local Area Development Scheme (MLALADS) 2012.
“Under the new guidelines, it would be mandatory to allocate Rs.1 crore to the Delhi Jal Board (DJB) for water and sanitation works, as recommended by the MLA (legislator) in his or her area except in the New Delhi Municipal Council and Delhi Cantonment areas,” an official statement said.
“The rest Rs.3 crore will be released by the urban development department to various executing agencies for approved projects as per the recommendation of the area’s MLA, with a maximum allocation limit of Rs.2 crore per project,” the statement added.
The sphere of utiliszation of funds has also been enhanced with the cabinet giving its “in principle” approval for making rain water harvesting mandatory in Delhi.
According to the statement, it was observed during the meeting that rain water harvesting by capturing the run-off water is one of the solutions for replenishing the ground water resources in the capital. The DJB has been asked to finalize the related rules and procedures.
- DJB seeks to learn water recycling from Singapore - Jun 20, 2012
- Nod to Yamuna Action Plan's third phase for Delhi - Dec 01, 2011
- Supply to Delhi water plant improves - Jun 17, 2012
- Ensure adequate drinking water supplies: Dikshit to DJB - Jun 13, 2012
- Delhi seeks Japanese agency's help to end water crisis - Apr 06, 2011
- Fund for construction of rural toilets doubled - Jun 07, 2012
- Water crisis in Delhi as Haryana cuts supply (With Image) - Jun 16, 2012
- Parliamentarians' development fund hiked to Rs.5 crore - Jul 07, 2011
- Delhi approves project to keep Yamuna sewage-free - Jul 20, 2010
- Dikshit, DJB officers issued notice on water meters - Jun 04, 2012
- Delhi Jal Board gets notice over contaminated supply - Aug 02, 2011
- Sewage lines to be repaired in east Delhi - Jan 06, 2011
- Delhi faces water crisis, two treatment plants shut down - Dec 29, 2010
- Reduce water supply to VVIP areas: Dikshit to DJB - Jun 18, 2012
- Dikshit alerts civic agencies before monsoon - Jun 14, 2012
Tags: crore, delhi cantonment, delhi jal board djb, development scheme, ground water resources, jal, legislator, local area, members of legislative assembly, New Delhi, principle, proposal, rain water harvesting, rs 1, rs 2, sphere, urban development department, water and sanitation