New dates for WIFW, clash with DFW still onFebruary 18th, 2009 - 4:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 18 (IANS) After changing their venue, the Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) has also changed the dates of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) that was earlier scheduled from March 20-24.
Even though the dates have been advanced and now this business-to-business event will take place from March 18-23 at the Intercontinental Eros, Nehru Place, the dates still clash with Delhi Fashion week (DFW) scheduled from March 19-24.
“The dates for WIFW have been brought forward in accordance with the convenience of buyers, sponsors and the availability of the new 5-star venue,” FDCI’s president Sunil Sethi said in a statement here Wednesday.
Earlier FDCI had changed the venue from Pragati Maidan to Intercontinental Eros.
Elaborating on the reasons for shifting from Pragati Maidan to the hotel, Sethi explained that everyone used to complain a lot about the earlier venue.
“Everyone, especially the buyers, used to complain a lot about bad washrooms, and there were some other small things also. So we decided to move on and give this a shot.”
“This time designers will be given one room each as a stall and each room will also have satellite connection so they can watch the shows from there only. This will save their time and they can concentrate more on their business,” he added.
- WIFW Autumn/Winter 2012 to start Feb 15 - Dec 02, 2011
- WIFW gets grander with bigger venue, 115 designers - Oct 22, 2010
- Designers feel 'lost' in new WIFW set-up - Mar 18, 2009
- WIFW Autumn-Winter 2011 to start April 6 - Dec 16, 2010
- Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week begins Oct 23 - Sep 20, 2010
- Business at fashion week broke all records: FDCI chief (Review) - Oct 13, 2011
- Business, not Bollywood, in focus at WIFW: FDCI chief - Oct 07, 2011
- WIFW kicks off, creatively done up venue surprises guests - Apr 06, 2011
- Thank god we're in Pragati Maidan again, say WIFW designers - Oct 24, 2009
- WIFW gets bigger with 110 designers, 175 buyers, 40 shows (Preview) - Oct 22, 2009
- WIFW to continue with fashion quiz - Apr 04, 2011
- WIFW extended to accommodate scrapped shows - Mar 25, 2010
- Fashion designers get fidgety as WIFW opening delayed - Mar 24, 2010
- Designers happy as business takes front seat at WIFW (Review) - Apr 11, 2011
- FDCI forms new board, Sethi remains president - Mar 01, 2011
Tags: business event, clash, convenience, designers, dfw, eros, fashion design council of india, fdci, india fashion week, Life Style, maidan, march 19, nehru place, New Delhi, satellite connection, sunil sethi, venue, washrooms, wills lifestyle india fashion week