New China funds to shore up falling stocksMarch 14th, 2008 - 11:13 pm ICT by admin
Beijing, March 14 (Xinhua) China’s securities regulator has approved the issue of three new funds in an apparent move to shore up the falling domestic equity market, the China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) said Friday. The CSRC gave the green signal to one stock fund managed by New Century Fund Management Corp Ltd and two hybrid funds managed by Lion Fund Management Ltd and Changsheng Fund Management Corp Ltd.
The industry watchdog didn’t reveal the ceiling of these new funds.
Since early February, the country has approved the issues of 18 funds, injecting more than 100 billion yuan ($14.1 billion) into the A-share market, reflecting the government’s efforts to boost the sluggish equity market.
In a similar development, the CSRC said it had granted Columbia University a Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFII) licence. The New York-based University can now be one of the foreign institutions allowed to invest in yuan-denominated securities.
Despite the Shanghai Composite Index nearly doubling last year, the benchmark index has since fallen more than 30 percent from its record high in mid-October.
China stock market shares continued to lose ground Friday as concerns piled up over possible interest-rate increases and government measures to control record inflation.
China’s benchmark Shanghai Composite Index on the Shanghai Stock Exchange closed at 3,962.67 Friday, down 8.58 points, or 0.22 percent, from the previous close.
- China to launch three new stock indices - Oct 16, 2011
- Sensex snaps three-day rally, slips almost 300 points - Sep 09, 2011
- Sensex closes 135 points up, seventh straight weekly gain (Roundup) - Feb 17, 2012
- Sensex soars, Asian cues help - Feb 17, 2012
- Markets quiet in noon trade, FMCG, IT scrips gain - Mar 23, 2012
- China to launch CSI Consumer 360 Index - Oct 20, 2011
- Sensex closes 244 points down, manages 1.8 percent in weekly gains - Sep 30, 2011
- Sensex edges up but ends lower for second consecutive week (Roundup) - Mar 02, 2012
- FIIs inflows help Indian equities markets hold on to gains (Weekly market review) - Jul 10, 2011
- Sensex flat as traders take a breather after rally (Roundup) - Feb 16, 2012
- Sensex reverses losses, closes 107 points higher (Roundup) - Feb 01, 2012
- Best week for Sensex in over two years - Dec 02, 2011
- Sensex continues with upswing, 120 points higher at noon - Jan 20, 2012
- Rally looses steam, Sensex closes 108 points lower - Sep 05, 2011
- Sensex closes 82 points lower as industrial output slows (Roundup) - Feb 10, 2012
Tags: apparent move, benchmark index, century fund, china funds, china securities regulatory commission, china stock market, corp ltd, csrc, government measures, hybrid funds, industry watchdog, interest rate increases, qfii, qualified foreign institutional investor, securities regulator, securities regulatory commission, shanghai composite index, shanghai stock exchange, stock fund, stock market shares