New British passports only from New DelhiAugust 17th, 2010 - 7:41 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai Aug 17 (IANS) From Aug 20, British nationals will be required to submit applications for issue of new or renewed passports only to the British high commission in New Delhi, an official said here Tuesday.
The move is part of a global initiative to streamline processes in which the consular sections of British deputy high commissions in Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Goa shall stop accepting applications for new passports or renewals.
The new process would also lead to a change in timelines, in line with global standards and service in Britain.
Renewed or new passports are expected to be issued to the applicants in four weeks from the date the high commission receives the correct documentation and fee, the official said. The first time passport applications could take a minimum of 12 weeks in order to complete all required checks and verifications, he added.
The official said that within this period if a British passport holder requires to travel urgently, the British consular offices at Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata and Goa would issue an emergency travel document, provided the pending application is for a renewal and not a first time application.
Further details are available on -
For India: http://ukinindia.fco.gov.uk/en/news/?view=PressR&id=22584748
General Information: http://www.fco.gov.uk/resources/en/pdfravel-living abroad/passports/Changes_to_Overseas_Passport_Service
- Passport offices to work on weekend - Jun 28, 2012
- Britain opens visa application centre in Bangalore - May 21, 2012
- Be careful while visiting Goa, Britain tells its nationals - Nov 12, 2009
- US hikes non-immigrant visa fees from June 4 - May 25, 2010
- Passport offices manpower increase mooted, says official - Jun 23, 2012
- New visa processing system for Indians travelling to US - Sep 05, 2012
- NRIs welcome rule relaxation for surrendering passports (NRI Watch) - Jul 04, 2011
- Passport offices to remain open this weekend - Jun 22, 2012
- US visas for Indians rise - Oct 24, 2011
- Weekend passport melas in 7 cities (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Tainted diplomat will be probed under Indian law, UK told (Lead) - Jan 18, 2011
- Don't worry, passport office at ITO by mid-January - Dec 23, 2011
- Planning Commission to aid ministry for new airports - May 29, 2012
- Surrender of Indian passport for PIOs made mandatory - Oct 16, 2010
- A factory for fake visas in Bangladesh - Sep 23, 2011
Tags: british high commission, british high commission in new delhi, british nationals, british passport, british passports, consular offices, consular sections, correct documentation, emergency travel, fco, global initiative, global standards, high commissions, passport holder, passport service, time application, time passport applications, travel document, uk resources, ukinindia