NetScout Systems to acquire Network GeneralNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:02 am ICT by admin
Network General employees will become NetScout employees, and the newly combined entity will be headquartered in Westford, Massachusetts.
The combined company will have a larger and more diversified customer base supported by a larger sales force and a planned doubling of R and D spending.
Faster revenue growth is expected to be achieved through a broader, integrated product portfolio which will provide customers greater efficiency and value.
The acquisition furthers NetScout’s vision of providing superior network-based application performance management.
The new, extended portfolio will directly benefit both customer sets by increasing the value of the NetScout solutions available to them while protecting their existing investments.
NetScout customers will benefit from the addition of best-of-breed expert packet analysis and data mining, and Network General customers will benefit from best-of-breed real-time monitoring and rapid top-down troubleshooting.
The acquisition will accelerate NetScout’s recently announced entry into the Wireless Service Provider segment.
This segment is currently dominated by several large competitors, whose solutions have relied on deep packet analysis versus NetScout’s superior real time monitoring and reporting.
With the addition of Network General’s leading technology, NetScout will be able to offer the best solution across a broad spectrum of performance monitoring and troubleshooting requirements. (ANI)
- NetApp unveils software for agile data infrastructure - Jul 19, 2012
- Karnataka firm acquires Israeli optical networking outfit - Jun 08, 2010
- Boeing expands presence in India with Narus Networks - Jul 08, 2010
- Airtel Nigeria most innovative company of the year - Sep 10, 2012
- Tata Communication launches Ethernet network in 24 nodes - Nov 16, 2010
- ITC quarterly net profit rises 20 percent - Jul 26, 2012
- Lennar Corporation acquires approximately $740 million of distressed real estate assets - Oct 02, 2010
- Attachmate Corp. to acquire Novell for $2.2 billion - Dec 28, 2010
- AT&T to acquire T-Mobile USA From Deutsche Telekom for $39 billion - Mar 21, 2011
- Nokia Siemens buys Motorola unit for $1.2 billion - Jul 19, 2010
- Exide open to acquiring more firms in home inverter segment - Jul 17, 2012
- Diana Tea eyes 10-15 percent turnover growth - Jun 23, 2012
- Wipro buys Australian analytics firm - May 01, 2012
- GVK BIO gets Frost & Sullivan best practices award - Nov 21, 2011
- Wipro, Oracle strengthen ties, to foster growth for customers - Sep 09, 2010
Tags: acquire network, acquisition, application performance management, benefit, combined company, customer sets, diversified customer base, early november, larger sales, leading technology, netscout systems, performance monitoring, product portfolio, real time, regulatory approvals, s vision, segment, westford massachusetts, wireless service provider