Nestle plans to invest Rs.400 crore in HimachalApril 10th, 2009 - 2:45 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, April 10 (IANS) Food products major Nestle India wants to set up a food and beverage manufacturing unit in Himachal Pradesh, according to a senior government official.
“Nestle has shown keen interest in establishing a unit here, and plans to invest about Rs.400 crore,” Principal Secretary (Industry) S.C. Negi told IANS.
“Nestle has submitted a proposal. The government is now helping it identify the project site,” Negi said, adding: “More than 1,000 people will be provided direct employment.”
According to him, industrial areas in Baddi in Solan district or Tahliwal in Una district would be ideal for the company.
“The state industrial department has offered plots in Solan and Una industrial areas. It’s up to Nestle to take the final decision,” Negi said.
Nestle India, a subsidiary of Nestle SA of Switzerland, has plants in Punjab, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Goa and Tamil Nadu.
Since the announcement of the special industrial package in January 2003 by the then Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led National Democratic Alliance government at the centre, the state has attracted investment worth Rs.4,904.27 crore through 4,325 small-scale units and 199 medium and large-scale units upto December 2008.
Himachal Pradesh has 38 industrial areas and 15 industrial estates.
The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party government in the state is attempting to get the special package extended to 2013, as announced originally.
The current industrial package will expire in 2010.
- Himachal develops new industrial estate in Baddi - Nov 07, 2010
- Himachal to set up 10 new industrial estates - Nov 20, 2010
- L'Oreal to set up Rs.400 crore plant in Himachal - Jul 11, 2012
- Hero Honda to set up facility in Himachal - Oct 21, 2010
- Nestle to invest Rs.250 crore in Himachal Pradesh - Dec 27, 2009
- Himachal invites private funds for food processing - Jun 12, 2012
- Himachal to allow industries to get power from private project - Nov 19, 2011
- Himachal sanctions Rs.20 crore for Solan industrial belt - Jun 12, 2011
- Himachal invites industrial investments for new estate - Jan 29, 2012
- Nestle to set up facility in Himachal - Oct 03, 2010
- Vardhman to set up another facility in Himachal - Nov 02, 2010
- Himachal clears six industrial proposals - Aug 09, 2010
- Himachal gets capital investment subsidy - Jul 16, 2011
- Himachal hopes for extension of tax holiday scheme - May 05, 2010
- Industrial package fails to draw much investment in Himachal - Mar 28, 2010
Tags: alliance government, baddi, crore, final decision, food and beverage, food products, goa, government official, haryana, himachal pradesh, industrial areas, investment worth, keen interest, national democratic alliance, negi, party government, principal secretary, proposal, shimla, worth rs