Nepal’s Social Development Bank goes live with core banking softwareDecember 9th, 2011 - 1:06 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, Dec 8 (IANS) Nepal based Social Development Bank, a national level development bank, Thursday went live with the core banking solution Intellect vended by city based Polaris Financial Technology Ltd (formerly Polaris Software Lab).
“Our entry into the banking industry in Nepal will boost Polaris’ market awareness and its strong product suite in the region. We are extremely happy going live at Social Development Bank as it formalises Polaris’ foray into Nepal,” K.Srinivasan, executive vice president, Polaris Financial Technology, said.
He said Intellect is the only pure Java technology based core banking solution being offered from the Indian subcontinent and it is increasingly becoming popular among emerging markets after recent successes in Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
According to Polaris Financial Technology, the banking industry in Nepal is seeing heightened activity on both commercial and development banking side and the company’s foray into the market is just in time to leverage the opportunity.
- Polaris Software eyes $100 mn revenue by 2016 - Aug 02, 2011
- Polaris launches new insurance claims processing solution - May 21, 2012
- Polaris launches new liquidity monitoring solution for banks - May 31, 2011
- Polaris Software proposes 90 percent dividend payout - Apr 28, 2011
- HCL Technologies, New Zealand's Finzsoft tie up - Jun 27, 2011
- Volvo ropes in Srei BNP Paribas to offer finance - May 11, 2011
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- Aditi Technologies acquires US cloud computing firm - Nov 21, 2011
- Polaris Software acquires US firm for $20 mn - Apr 27, 2011
- Belgium bank to deploy Infosys software product - Mar 24, 2012
- Axis Bank deploys Polaris' software solution - Oct 26, 2009
- WIPRO computerises five cooperative banks - Jul 31, 2012
- RBI to act against banks not beefing up cyber security - Jan 27, 2012
- Polaris to acquire Laser Soft for Rs.52 crore - Oct 15, 2009
- Two Chennai kids injured in Nepal crash, want to go home - May 14, 2012
Tags: bangladesh, banking industry, banking software, banking solution, core banking, emerging markets, executive vice, financial technology, foray, indian subcontinent, intellect, java technology, market awareness, nepal, polaris software lab, sri lanka, successes, technology ltd, vice president