Need to define public expenditure: MukherjeeFebruary 28th, 2011 - 1:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 28 (IANS) In order to curb huge deficits, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Monday said there was a need to define the nature of public expenditure.”The exact definition of planned and non-planned expenditure needs to be revisited,” Mukherjee said while presenting the budget for 2011-12.
He stressed the need for effective management of public expenditure for bringing it in line with the objectives of the fiscal consolidation process.
According to him, a committee under C. Rangarajan, chairman of the prime minister’s economic advisory council, had been set up to look into the issue.
–Indo-Asin News Service
- Government to cut its expenditure, launch austerity drive - Jun 01, 2012
- Growth should be given priority in budget: CII - Jan 22, 2012
- Susidies to be cut soon, says Rangarajan (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Government to stick to fiscal deficit target, borrowing limit - Apr 09, 2011
- Indian economy may grow at 8 percent in 2012-13: Rangarajan (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- CII welcomes inclusive growth oriented Budget 2011-12 - Feb 28, 2011
- Funds for computerising courts doubled - Mar 16, 2012
- India unlikely to meet fiscal deficit target: FICCI - Aug 31, 2011
- Air India cancels Nov 30 New Delhi-London flights - Nov 26, 2011
- Delhi Police gets over Rs.3,000 crore in budget - Feb 28, 2011
- India hopeful of 4.6 percent fiscal deficit target - Sep 06, 2011
- Government support for social programmes has risen: Economic Survey - Mar 15, 2012
- Growth will be below 7.5 percent, says Pranab - Jan 18, 2012
- Tax collections, notably in services, encouraging: Mukherjee - Jul 27, 2011
- 8.2 percent growth projection not disappointing: Pranab - Aug 02, 2011
Tags: asin, budget, c rangarajan, economic advisory council, effective management, exact definition, finance minister, fiscal consolidation, indo, New Delhi, news service, pg, pranab mukherjee, prime minister, public expenditure, service rv