Nearly 58 lakh tonnes wheat arrives in Haryana grain marketsApril 27th, 2012 - 7:43 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, April 27 (IANS) Grain markets in Haryana have received nearly 58 lakh tonnes of wheat in the first 26 days of the current procurement season, a minister said here Friday.
State Food and Supplies Minister Mahender Partap Singh, who visited the grain markets at Samalkha, Panipat and Karnal to check arrangements for procurement, interacted with farmers who had brought their produce.
He said that about 57.97 lakh tonnes of wheat had arrived in the mandis till now and government agencies had procured 57.95 lakh tonnes of this.
Terming the wheat arrivals this time as a bumper one, Singh said 49.43 lakh tonnes of wheat had arrived during the corresponding period last year.
“This clearly reflects that this year there has been a bumper production which makes us proud,” Singh said.
The minister directed officers of the various procurement agencies to ensure that the farmers were not put to any hardship.
He asked farmers to bring their produce patiently so as to avoid overcrowding in the grain markets.
He said there was some problem in stocking of wheat as the stocks of some previous years were also lying in the warehouses.
- Punjab, Haryana head for bumper wheat crop - May 11, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana paddy procurement begins Saturday - Sep 30, 2011
- Paddy procurement in Haryana at all-time high - Dec 29, 2011
- More paddy produced in Haryana this year - Dec 05, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana procure 96 lakh tonnes paddy - Oct 24, 2011
- Punjab, Haryana procure over 112 lakh tonnes of paddy - Oct 28, 2011
- 15 million tonnes paddy procured in Punjab, Haryana - Nov 10, 2010
- Punjab, Haryana procure record 200 lakh tonnes of wheat - May 11, 2012
- Over 50 lakh tonnes wheat arrives in Haryana markets - Apr 18, 2010
- Punjab, Haryana make it a wheat bumper crop season - May 17, 2011
- Over 22.25 lakh tonnes of wheat arrives in Haryana grain markets - Apr 12, 2010
- 16 million tonnes of paddy procured in Punjab, Haryana - Nov 16, 2010
- Where to stock bumper harvest? Punjab, Haryana in quandary - May 17, 2012
- Punjab, Haryana procure over 10 mn tonnes of paddy - Oct 28, 2010
- Haryana paddy procurement to begin Oct 1 - Sep 22, 2011