Nearly 57,000 apply for online registration of shops in HaryanaJanuary 27th, 2011 - 8:55 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 27 (IANS) Nearly 57,000 applications have so far been received for online registration of shops and commercial establishments after introduction of e-governance in Haryana’s labour department, a minister disclosed Thursday.Labour and Employment Minister Mahender Partap Singh said the online registration of shops and commercial establishments under the Punjab Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, 1958, was launched February last year.
“The registration through the net also provided for automatic permission to regulate their own hours of work and weekly off days, which has been the persistent demand of the traders for some time,” Singh said.
He said that e-governance had been introduced in the department with a view to enhance efficiency in the working of the department and giving quick relief to the workers.
Online registration and licensing of factories under the Factories Act was also launched in October last year, the minister said.
He said that development of self-certification under Factories Act and registration of establishments and workers under Building and Other Construction Workers Act, 1996, were also in the pipeline and would be launched shortly.
- Haryana wants all businesses registered by Jan 31 - Jan 16, 2012
- Online registration starts in Haryana for commercial establishments - Feb 11, 2010
- New protocol to help Indians workers in UAE - Apr 04, 2012
- Online lottery legalised by Mamata government: CPI-M - Sep 12, 2011
- E-governance to wipe out touts in Tripura: Minister - Sep 15, 2011
- UP to pilot national single window for investors - Jun 07, 2012
- Delhi shop and factory workers cry foul - Aug 14, 2011
- Employment registration to go online in Haryana - Aug 30, 2010
- Government working to get information on black money: President - Mar 12, 2012
- Kerala to launch e-governance project Friday - Dec 14, 2010
- Strike at Nokia Siemens Networks India - Apr 09, 2012
- Land transactions go online in Karnataka to check delays - Jun 24, 2011
- Gurgaon resident can pay power bill online - Aug 16, 2010
- Bahrain launches single e-ID for government services - Jan 10, 2011
- Project Arrow yielded good results in Punjab: Pilot - Apr 10, 2011
Tags: chandigarh, commercial establishments, construction workers, e governance, efficiency, employment minister, factories act, labour department, mahender, partap singh, persistent demand, pipeline, self certification