NDMC launches disaster management centreFebruary 19th, 2011 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 19 (IANS) The New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) Saturday launched its maiden disaster management centre - the fourth such facility in the city - which would provide emergency help during man-made or natural calamities.The centre at Humayun Road in central Delhi was inaugurated by Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit. It will be run by the NDMC’s fire department.
The centre will work in coordination with Delhi Police, the Delhi Fire Service (DFS) and the Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA).
It will be connected to control rooms of Delhi police, the DFS, the DDMA and the NDMC. It will be operational round-the-clock with 30 trained personnel.
“Disaster management centres are crucial for a city like Delhi, as it has a large number of high-rise buildings,” a senior NDMC fire official said.
At present, there are three disaster management centres under the DFS — in Laxmi Nagar, Rohini and Nehru Place.
The NDMC disaster management centre will be equipped with special emergency response vehicle capable of travelling fast through narrow lanes.
Apart from this, the new centre will have emergency equipment store, staff room, dormitory, pantry, training-cum-conference hall with video-conferencing facility and coordination room, NDMC officials said.
Dikshit earlier inaugurated two new NDMC electric sub-stations of 66 KV each at Chanakyapuri in south Delhi. The two stations will help in uninterrupted power supply to areas like Sardar Patel Marg, Ridge Valley, Shanti Path, Nyaya Marg, Vinay Marg, Yashwant Place, Chanakya commercial complex and Chanakyapuri diplomatic enclave.
- Mock drills at 11 Delhi Metro stations Saturday - Jul 27, 2012
- Delhi gets another automated multi-level parking - Jun 12, 2012
- Concrete plans to tackle fires during Games: Dikshit - Apr 08, 2010
- Delhi Fire Service ready to meet any challenges during Games - Oct 01, 2010
- Delhi to get modern fire fighting equipment - Nov 30, 2011
- Mock drills at six Metro stations - Feb 13, 2012
- Dikshit to Delhi citizens: Treat XIXth Commonwealth Games as a national festival - Sep 18, 2010
- Delhi Secretariat too flouted fire safety norms: DFS - Jun 23, 2012
- Delhi readies for mass drill to test disaster preparedness - Feb 15, 2012
- Metro builds two underground sub-stations - Dec 29, 2011
- Massive mock drill conducted in Delhi (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Dikshit launches plantation drive in NDMC area - Sep 01, 2012
- New building for Mumbai hospital (With images) - Sep 17, 2012
- India carries radioactive checks at airports after Japan disaster - Mar 16, 2011
- PM inaugurates CWG sports injury centre at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital - Sep 26, 2010
Tags: central delhi, chanakyapuri, delhi fire, delhi police, diplomatic enclave, disaster management centre, emergency response vehicle, fire official, high rise buildings, laxmi nagar, management centres, natural calamities, nehru place, rohini, room dormitory, sardar patel, south delhi, store staff, uninterrupted power supply, video conferencing facility