Nazi medical tools to be auctionedFebruary 8th, 2012 - 12:42 am ICT by IANS
London, Feb 7 (IANS) A set of surgical tools once used by a Nazi war criminal will be auctioned in Britain this Saturday and is expected to fetch around 2,000 pounds.
Though disguised as a music box, the kit’s case contains scissors, scalpels, and saw-like knives. The equipment was originally made for Anton Burger, the commandant of World War II concentration camp Theresienstadt, the Sun reported Tuesday.
Each of the medical instruments bear Burger’s name, while an engraving on the inside of the box reads “Mixed Instruments” in German.
It is believed that the tools were used in the Nazi’s brutal experiments on prisoners.
Camp inmates were usually left dead or disfigured by “projects” designed to provide information to help Third Reich combat troops. Between 1941 and 1945 around 33,000 Jews died at Theresienstadt, located in what is now the Czech Republic.
The box will be sold Saturday by Villa Hall Auctions in the seaside resort town of Bude in Cornwall county.
- Nazi surgical set withdrawn from auction - Feb 11, 2012
- Nazi soldiers given highly addictive crystal meth to fight longer, harder - Mar 31, 2011
- Painting stolen by Nazis recovered, up for sale - Apr 20, 2012
- Hitler's Nazi party financed 30% of WW II with stolen Jewish money - Nov 10, 2010
- Germany to pay over 50 million pounds to preserve World War II death camp - Dec 18, 2010
- Nazi-era mass grave found at Austrian army base - Mar 10, 2010
- Former Nazi dies in Austria - Jun 21, 2011
- General Franco gave list of Spanish Jews to Nazis - Jun 21, 2010
- Revealed: French stained glass window depicting Hitler as King Herod - Jan 17, 2011
- 'Nazi minister wished to stay in Britain post-retirement' - Oct 03, 2010
- German doctors apologise for Nazi tests on Jews - May 26, 2012
- Fire destroys shoes of Nazi victims at Polish museum - Aug 10, 2010
- World's most wanted Nazi held at 97 - Jul 19, 2012
- Unseen pic of Heinrich Himmler withdrawn just before auction - Mar 30, 2011
- Former Nazi guard charged for killing half-a-million Jews - Jul 29, 2010
Tags: camp inmates, combat troops, commandant, concentration camp, cornwall county, engraving, jews, knives, london feb, medical instruments, medical tools, music box, nazi war criminal, scalpels, scissors, seaside resort town, surgical tools, theresienstadt, third reich, world war ii