Nawaz to soon hold decisive talks with Zardari over judges issueJuly 30th, 2008 - 11:02 am ICT by ANI
Lahore , July 30 (ANI): PML-N leader and former Pakistan premier, Nawaz Sharif has said that he would meet PPP Co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari in the next few days to hold the final round of talks over the issues of judges reinstatement and impeachment of President Pervez Musharraf.
He said that it was high time to hold decisive talks with the ruling party, as the mandate given on Feb 18 had not been translated into reality until now.
The promises of judges restoration and impeachment of Musharraf had not been fulfilled, the Daily Times quoted him as saying at the Lahore Airport .
Nawaz said he was likely to meet Zardari in the next few days wherein he would discuss all these issues, adding that his party wanted to have a parliamentary debate regarding the governments policy on FATA.
He said that the PML-N had the same view on the judges issue as that of the lawyers, adding that Pakistan s future depended on an independent judiciary. (ANI)
- PPP wants Nawaz to apologise for keeping Zardari in jail over 'fake cases' - Nov 23, 2010
- Zardari, Musharraf worked together in 'harmony': Sharif - Jun 27, 2010
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
- Sharif underwent series of heart procedures in London hospital - Mar 20, 2011
- PML-N lashes out at Zardari-led govt over ever-increasing corruption, inflation - Nov 19, 2010
- Resign or be hanged: PML-N warns Zardari - Oct 29, 2011
- After threat to Zardari, PML-N offices set ablaze - Oct 30, 2011
- Nawaz Sharif to challenge Pakistani Kashmir voters list - Jun 28, 2011
- PML-N hints at legal action against MQM members for "bad-mouthing" its leadership - Jan 02, 2011
- Sharif refused to quit politics in spite of 'death threats from dictator': Pervaiz Rasheed - Nov 21, 2010
- Sharif blames 'traitor of democracy' Zardari for all of Pakistan's problems - Feb 24, 2011
- Sharif accuses Zardari of exploiting judiciary to cancel his electoral eligibility - Jul 06, 2010
- Nawaz hails Zardari's India trip - Apr 10, 2012
- PML-N goes overboard in protest against PPP in Pak parliament - Apr 21, 2011
- Nawaz sees conspiracies in Pakistan apex court's defiance - Mar 25, 2012
Tags: asif ali zardari, co chairman, fata, few days, governments, high time, impeachment, independent judiciary, lahore airport, lawyers, mandate, nawaz sharif, pakistan, parliamentary debate, pervez musharraf, pml n, promises, reinstatement, ruling party