National Iranian Oil Company studies proposals for three exploration and development LicencesNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:57 am ICT by admin
The same reports said that NIOC’s Director of Exploration, Dr Mahmoud Mohaddes stated that a British company (the name of which was not disclosed), together with the Iranian Offshore Engineering and Construction Company had submitted technical proposals for the exploration and development of the offshore Laleh block, while a consortium made up of Austria’s OMV,
Turkey’s Petrol Ofisi and Iran’s Petropars did the same for the onshore Danan Block. NIOC did not disclose which companies were involved in the Dayyer block.
OMV will be the operator of the Danan Block, if the consortium is awarded the relevant contract, while Petrol Ofisi and Petropars will have a stake of 33 percent each.
The Austrian company has recently announced an oil find in Mehr with estimated reserves of about 150 million barrels of oil and potential capacity of 40,000 barrels a day.
The Laleh, the Dayyer and the Danan block were among the 17 blocks tendered earlier this year under the revised buyback terms. (ANI)
- Myanmar gas exploration contract inked - Jun 11, 2012
- NIOC gives green light to Indian OVL to develop Farsi block - Nov 18, 2008
- Latin America - Energising India (Comment) - Jun 21, 2012
- Iran threatens to cut oil exports to more countries - Feb 21, 2012
- Brazilian oil giant announces contracts worth $4.5 bn - Jul 21, 2012
- Ukraine firm to invest $1 bn in Iranian oil fields - Dec 26, 2011
- Thai company to explore oil in Myanmar - Feb 13, 2012
- Iraq signs gas deal with Pakistani energy firm - Jul 16, 2012
- Brazil's Petrobras announces deep-water oil find - Jan 27, 2011
- Brazilian firm announces new deepwater oil find - Apr 30, 2011
- Government gives nod for Reliance Industries-BP deal - Jul 22, 2011
- Iran warns foreign firms over delays in South Pars gas field developments - Apr 11, 2009
- India, Angola sign deal for hydrocarbon sector - Nov 02, 2010
- Myanmar invites foreign firms to explore oil, gas - Jul 19, 2012
- ONGC Videsh inks deal with PetroVietnam - Oct 12, 2011
Tags: austrian company, blocks, buyback, consortium, construction company, exploration, iranian oil company, laleh, mahmoud, national iranian oil, national iranian oil company, nioc, offshore engineering, oil find, omv, onshore, petrol ofisi, petropars, technical proposals