National Dairy Development Board to manage Assam cooperativeApril 5th, 2008 - 4:20 pm ICT by admin
Ahmedabad, April 5 (IANS) The National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) has agreed to manage the West Assam Milk Producers’ Cooperative Union Ltd (WAMUL) for a period of five years on the request of the Assam government. A tripartite agreement was signed earlier this week at Guwahati between the Assam government, NDDB and WAMUL.
The agreement was signed in the presence of Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, Minister for Cooperation & Cultural Affairs Gautam Bora, NDDB chairperson Amrita Patel, managing director NDDB Deepak Tikku and other senior officials, said a release.
This is expected to benefit millions of consumers in the urban areas of Assam as they will get good quality milk at a reasonable rate and will provide better prices to producers.
- Amrita Patel elected to global dairy panel - Dec 06, 2010
- Maharashtra welcomes lifting of ban on milk powder exports - Jun 02, 2012
- India will face milk shortage as demand rises: dairy board - Feb 17, 2010
- Verghese Kurien: rare visionary and astute manager (Tribute) - Sep 10, 2012
- Ensuring milk security for the Indian consumer (Comment) - May 20, 2011
- Militants ganging up with criminals, says Gogoi - May 18, 2012
- Chopper carrying PM to Kokrajhar returns due to bad weather - Jul 28, 2012
- Gogoi seeks new trains for Assam - Feb 07, 2012
- Rs.17,000 crore plan to boost India's milk production - Jul 16, 2010
- Verghese Kurien: the architect of India's White Revolution (Obituary) - Sep 09, 2012
- Assam has changed, respond to peace overtures: Sonia to militants (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- PM, Sonia arrive in Guwahati, leave for Kokrajhar - Jul 28, 2012
- Assam urges weather data sharing system with neighbouring countries - Jul 03, 2012
- No further arrests yet in Assam girl molestation case - Jul 14, 2012
- UP to ask NID to design packs for milk products - Mar 27, 2012
Tags: ahmedabad, assam government, chief minister, cooperation, cooperative union, dairy development, guwahati, milk producers, national dairy development board, nddb, presence, tripartite agreement, union ltd