Nano will be on Indian roads in JulyMarch 23rd, 2009 - 5:23 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 23 (IANS) Tata Motors Monday said deliveries of its small car Nano will start in July. The first set of bookings, for some 100,000 cars, will be accepted from April 9 to 25.
The inaugural price of Rs.100,000 ($2,000) at the factory gate, which makes the Nano the world’s cheapest car, will be protected for the first set of bookings, top officials of the company said at the Taj Mahal Palace and Towers here.
“We will initially allocate 100,000 cars through a system of lottery. This will be price-protected,” group chairman Ratan Tata told editors here, ahead of the formal commercial launch of what is being touted as the world’s cheapest car.
The application forms will be available for Rs.300 across some 30,000 centres, including the existing dealers of Tata group vehicles, as also Westwide apparel stores and Croma appliance chain promoted by the $62.5-billion group.
The minimum down payment for the car will be Rs.2,999. It will be available in three variants - standard, deluxe and luxury. The base model will have no air-conditioning.
Nano is currently being manufactured at Pantnagar in Uttarakhand and Pune in Maharashtra. The factory dedicated to its manfacture, at Sanand in Gujarat, will be ready by end-2009. Sanand was chosen last year after the project was shifted out of Singur in West Bengal,
Tata said that the group was also developing a Nano variant for the US market. That would hit the roads in 2011.
- India gets the world's cheapest car in little Nano (Roundup) - Mar 23, 2009
- Ratan Tata delivers his ambitious dream car in little Nano - Mar 23, 2009
- India gets the world's cheapest car in little Nano (Intro Roundup) - Mar 23, 2009
- Nano makes its debut run on Indian roads Friday - Jul 16, 2009
- Bookings for small car Nano begin Thursday (Lead) - Apr 08, 2009
- Bookings for Tata Nano begin Thursday - Apr 08, 2009
- Nano's Gujarat plant to be ready by year-end - Mar 23, 2009
- Nano set for commercial roll-out Monday - Mar 22, 2009
- Nepal to test-drive Nano next month - Jun 25, 2010
- Another first by Nano: online booking (Lead) - Mar 27, 2009
- Tatas Nano to be launched today - Mar 23, 2009
- Another first by Nano: online booking - Mar 27, 2009
- Nano's Sanand plant goes on stream (Lead) - Jun 02, 2010
- Tata Nano sale starts in Nepal from NRS 7.98 lakh - Jun 26, 2011
- Nano will dent used car, two-wheeler markets: Experts - Mar 23, 2009
Tags: apparel stores, application forms, base model, chairman ratan tata, croma, deliveries, group chairman, gujarat, indian roads, launch, pantnagar, pune, singur, small car, taj mahal, tata group, tata motors, uttarakhand, variants, west bengal