Nano tops Tata Motors sales in AprilMay 1st, 2011 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 1 (IANS) Tata Motors sold more than 10,000 units of the Nano, touted as the world’s cheapest family car, in April, a 184-percent hike in sales as compared to April 2010, an official said here Sunday.
Tata Indigo and Tata Indica notched lower sales as compared to the Nano, which continued to rule among all its passenger vehicles.
While the Indica sold 4,250 units, down by 53 percent over April last year, the Indigo range recorded sales of 5,282 units.
The Sumo, Safari, Aria and Venture range accounted for sales of 3,843 units, up by 15 percent over April last year.
Tata’s prestigious Jaguar Land Rover sales continued their upward trend.
The total April sales of Tata Motors stood at 64,383 units in different categories, including export, marking a 13 percent growth over April 2010, when it sold 57,199 vehicles.
The exports front also proved cheerful for Tata Motors as it sold 4,258 vehicles in April, compared to 3,137 in April last year, marking a 36 percent growth.
- Nano drives passenger vehicle sales for Tata Motors (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Tata Motors sales down 7 percent in April - May 01, 2012
- Auto makers log growth despite rising prices - May 02, 2011
- Auto makers continue to log growth (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Tata Motors logs 15 percent sales growth - Aug 01, 2012
- Tata Motors logs 12 pc sales growth in February - Mar 01, 2011
- Tata Motors' November domestic sales zoom 44 percent - Dec 01, 2011
- Tata Motors February sales up 19 percent - Mar 01, 2012
- Tata Motors' January sales up 16 percent - Feb 01, 2012
- Tata Motors closes March, full year with sales growth - Apr 01, 2011
- Tata Motors' October sales up five percent - Nov 01, 2011
- Tata Motors May sales rise 10 percent - Jun 01, 2011
- Tata Motors June sales down by one percent - Jul 01, 2011
- Auto sales stay on pace in April (Roundup) - May 01, 2012
- Tata Motors logs 41 percent sales growth in May - Jun 01, 2010