Nano from Singur: Buddhadeb talks of his dreamApril 11th, 2009 - 4:20 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 11 (IANS) It was his dream that Tata Motors small car Nano would roll out from the Singur facility, West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee said here Saturday.
“It was my dream that Nano will roll out from Singur and that dream is not completely shattered,” Bhattacharjee said while releasing a book, “Creating Employment Generation and Opportunity”, by Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) candidate for Lok Sabha election from South Kolkata Robin Deb.
“I thought at least 6,000 youths, who were supposed to be involved in the manufacturing activity of Nano, would have smiled when this car rolled out from Singur,” he said, reiterating the need for industrialisation in the state.
“Personally, I don’t have any fascination for the car. But my only intention behind the Singur project was creating employment in the region,” Bhattacharjee said.
- Exit Buddhadeb, man who saw beyond ideological convictions - May 14, 2011
- West Bengal housing minister threatened me: Mamata - Nov 04, 2010
- Believing the opposition on Singur was a mistake: Bhattacharjee - Apr 15, 2011
- CPI-M leader keeps away from his 'Occupy Singur' movement - Jul 03, 2012
- Occupy Singur movement from July 3, says CPI-M lawmaker - Jun 27, 2012
- Industry will be set up in Singur: Buddhadeb - Jan 09, 2011
- West Bengal minister visits Singur site - May 31, 2011
- Occupy Singur on lines of Occupy Wall street: CPI-M legislator - Jun 24, 2012
- Some day Tata Motors will have plant in Bengal: Ratan Tata (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Bengal minister challenges Trinamool on land acquisition - Nov 17, 2010
- Some day Tata Motors will have plant in Bengal: Ratan Tata - Aug 31, 2012
- Bengal CPI-M's legislative party whip resigns - Jun 08, 2012
- Left lost polls on Singur land, says CPI-M leader - May 26, 2011
- Kolkata to have new financial hub in Rajarhat - Oct 06, 2010
- Most parties cheer Singur order, CPI-M differs - Sep 28, 2011
Tags: bhattacharjee, chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, deb, employment generation, fascination, industrialisation, intention, lok sabha election, small car, tata motors, west bengal