Nano drives passenger vehicle sales for Tata Motors (Lead)May 1st, 2011 - 8:48 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai/Mumbai, May 1 (IANS) Tata Motors sold more than 10,000 units of the Nano, touted as the world’s cheapest family car, in April - a 184-percent hike in sales as compared to April 2010, the company announced Sunday. Overall vehicle sales recorded a 13 percent growth over April last year.
As many as 10,012 Nanos were sold out of total passenger vehicle sales of 25,436 units. Sales of both the Indica and the Indigo models dipped - 4,250 units (down 53 percent over April 2010) and 5,282 units (down 27 percent over last April) respectively.
The Sumo/Safari/Aria/Venture range accounted for sales of 3,843 units, a 15 percent rise over April last year.
The company’s total sales - commercial and passenger vehicles including exports - in April 2011 were 64,383 units as against 57,199 units sold in April 2010.
Tata Motors sold 60,125 units domestically, logging a growth of 11 percent over 54,062 units sold in April 2010.
According to the company, sales of commercial vehicles totaled 36,783 units - 22,802 of light commercial vehicles (LCVs) and 13,936 units of medium and heavy commercial vehicles (M&HCVs;).
In the passenger vehicles segment Tata Motors reported total sale and distribution
offtake of 25,436 units (Tata’s 23,387 units, Fiat 2,049 units) last month as compared to 23,899 units (Tata’s 23,099 units, Fiat 1,800 units) sold during April last year.
The company’s sales from exports at 4,258 vehicles in April 2011 registered a growth of 36 percent compared to 3,137 vehicles in April last year.
- Auto makers log growth despite rising prices - May 02, 2011
- Auto makers continue to log growth (Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Tata Motors sales down 7 percent in April - May 01, 2012
- Tata Motors' November domestic sales zoom 44 percent - Dec 01, 2011
- Tata Motors May sales rise 10 percent - Jun 01, 2011
- Tata Motors' September sales up 22 percent - Oct 01, 2011
- Tata Motors logs 12 pc sales growth in February - Mar 01, 2011
- Tata Motors' July sales down six percent - Aug 01, 2011
- Tata Motors' August sales down three percent - Sep 01, 2011
- Tata Motors closes March, full year with sales growth - Apr 01, 2011
- Nano tops Tata Motors sales in April - May 01, 2011
- Tata Motors sales rise 4 percent in May, Nano sales jump - Jun 01, 2012
- Tata Motors logs 15 percent sales growth - Aug 01, 2012
- Tata Motors February sales up 19 percent - Mar 01, 2012
- Tata Motors' January sales up 16 percent - Feb 01, 2012