Nalco to produce aluminium wagonsApril 3rd, 2008 - 1:01 pm ICT by admin
Bhubaneswar, April 3 (IANS) India’s second biggest producer of aluminium National Aluminium Co Ltd (Nalco) will be producing the country’s first aluminium railway wagons within a year. “We have signed a memorandum of understanding with Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) to produce at least one wagon initially for a test run. Later we will go for mass production,” said C.R. Pradhan, company chairperson and managing director.
The deal was signed in Bangalore recently.
“Nobody in India produces aluminium wagons. We will be the first,” Pradhan told IANS.
Subsequently, metro coaches will also be produced.
Aluminium wagons and coaches have several advantages because they are lighweight, have higher carrying capacity and are more environment-friendly, Pradhan said.
- India to get its first aluminium train wagon soon - Apr 03, 2008
- BEML all set to roll out indigenous low cost coaches for metro railways - Jul 10, 2009
- NALCO signs agreement with mines ministry - Mar 16, 2011
- NALCO sees aluminium prices in $2100-$2300 per tonne range - Nov 11, 2011
- NALCO hikes aluminium prices - Jun 01, 2011
- India clears $275 mn order for T-72 tank recovery vehicles - Oct 13, 2011
- West Bengal takes steps to revive MAMC - Jan 31, 2012
- BEML to deliver first coach to Bangalore Metro in October - Jun 21, 2010
- BEML chief suspended - Jun 11, 2012
- CBI questions BEML chief in Tatra trucks case (Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- BEML net dips 17 percent in fiscal 2010 - Jun 21, 2010
- BEML chairman suspended, claims innocence (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- NALCO chief's tenure extended - Oct 11, 2011
- Nalco signs pact for Rs.400 crore titanium project - Jan 15, 2011
- Bharat Earth Movers to make multi-speed rail coaches - Jul 09, 2009