NALCO resumes full production in Orissa unitAugust 4th, 2008 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Aug 4 (IANS) National Aluminium Company Ltd (NALCO), India’s second largest aluminium producer, resumed full production at its alumina refinery at Damanjodi in Orissa’s Koraput district as the coal supply improved, an official said Monday. The output at the refinery, some 500 km from here, fell to almost half its capacity last week due to shortage of coal.
“We have got adequate coal supply and everything has been normalised,” a senior official of the company told IANS, requesting anonimity.
“The refinery produced 4,300 tonnes of alumina Sunday and today (Monday) we are close to (producing) 4,500 tonnes,” he said.
“The refinery has resumed almost its full production capacity,” said the official.
The unit faced severe shortages as there was no supply of coal from Coal India, its main supplier, for almost 10 days.
Coal stocks have improved since Thursday after the coal ministry instructed Coal India to resolve the problem, the official added.
- National Aluminium on a major diversification drive: Chairman - Jul 28, 2011
- NALCO to expand capacity at Orissa unit - Apr 25, 2011
- NALCO signs agreement with mines ministry - Mar 16, 2011
- Coal shortage forces NALCO to cut aluminium production - Sep 10, 2011
- Nalco to miss alumina production target - Feb 23, 2011
- Coal supply disruption shuts power units, hits NALCO plant - Feb 23, 2011
- NALCO's aluminium production up by 19.4 per cent - Apr 03, 2010
- NALCO to set up hospital in Odisha - Jul 05, 2012
- Vedanta refinery cuts output on bauxite shortage - Aug 25, 2012
- NALCO to import two lakh tonnes coal - Oct 21, 2011
- Nalco records excellent production, sales rise - Apr 03, 2011
- NALCO gears up for expansion,to enter metal and power sectors - Oct 01, 2010
- Nalco targets to produce 4.6 lakh tonnes of aluminium - Mar 12, 2010
- Villagers seek allocation of bauxite for Vedanta plant - Aug 29, 2012
- NALCO to optimise alumina output to compensate coal shortage - Aug 02, 2008