Nakoda to set up wind power plant in Madhya PradeshSeptember 2nd, 2010 - 6:02 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 2 (IANS) Yarn manufacturer Nakoda Limited will invest Rs.33 crore on a 5.25 MW wind power plant in Madhya Pradesh, the company announced Thursday.
The plant will be set in Jethana village of Ratlam district. It will have seven turbines of 750 KW each, aggregating to a total power production of 5.25 MW.
The windmills for the project will be acquired from Global Wind Power Ltd, a company of the Reliance ADAG Group, and have been developed in collaboration with the Norwin Denmark, Nakoda’s chairman-cum-managing director Babubhai Jain said.
The plant will be operational by March 2011 and the company plans to enter into a power purchase agreement with the Madhya Pradesh Electricity Board to supply around 112 lakh units per annum at Rs.4.35 per unit for 13 years, Jain said.
After the new plant is commissioned, Nakoda’s wind power capacity would nearly double to 12 MW from the existing 6.75 MW.
“This investment will have a positive impact on our balance sheet. With the commencement of our second wind power plant after the first in Tamil Nadu, we hope to mark our presence across the country,” Jain said.
Nakoda is a prominent player in the country’s polyester filament yarn industry.
- Gamesa to develop two wind farms in Tamil Nadu - Feb 09, 2010
- Indorama to invest Rs.1,000 crore in Himachal project - Apr 03, 2012
- Reliance Power's second quarter operating revenue up 189 percent - Nov 08, 2011
- Windmill makers in Tamil Nadu accused of opaque pricing - Jun 15, 2012
- India to launch 16 new nuclear reactors - Jun 01, 2012
- NALCO to set up wind power project in Andhra - Jun 02, 2011
- Sterling Agro buys wind energy equipment from Suzlon - Jan 15, 2011
- Orient Green Power to up capacity to 1,000 MW by 2013 - Aug 21, 2010
- L'Oreal to set up Rs.400 crore plant in Himachal - Jul 11, 2012
- IPCL, DPSC to invest Rs.26,450 crore in power - Jul 20, 2011
- Reliance Power synchronises unit at Butibori thermal plant - Jun 26, 2012
- Reliance Industries plans major capacity expansion - Apr 13, 2011
- ONGC to set up n-plant, fertilizer unit, solar projects - Dec 29, 2011
- NSL wins wind farm award - Feb 07, 2012
- JK Group to invest Rs.1,300 crore in power sector foray - Apr 19, 2011
Tags: 13 years, balance sheet, commencement, crore, electricity board, global wind power, lakh units, managing director, norwin, polyester filament yarn, power ltd, power purchase agreement, reliance adag, second wind, turbines, wind power capacity, wind power plant, windmills, yarn industry, yarn manufacturer