Naina Lal Kidwai new chairperson of HSBC IndiaApril 16th, 2009 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 16 (IANS) Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp (HSBC) Thursday said it has appointed the chief executive of its Indian operations, Naina Lal Kidwai, as the group chairperson and country head.
“Kidwai will assume chairmanship of HSBC Group companies in India and Stuart Davis, currently CEO of HSBC Bank Australia Ltd, will become the CEO of the bank in India,” Stephen Green, HSBC Holdings Plc group chairman, told reporters here.
The new appointments are effective from Wednesday.
“I will head the Indian management board, which has CEOs of all entities,” Kidwai said on her appointment.
Her new role would include nurturing young companies in the group, basic level integration and talking to the investor communities abroad to grow the business in India, Kidwai said.
According to reports, HSBC’s pre-tax earnings from India grew to over $666 million in 2008 from $33 million in 2004. The bank employs more than 37,000 people in India, constituting around 11 percent of HSBC’s global workforce.
- Chanda Kochhar tops India's powerful businesswomen's list (Lead) - Nov 08, 2011
- Business perception in India is worse than reality: Kidwai - Sep 06, 2012
- Tata Steel bags business leadership award - Jan 09, 2012
- Slow growth, high interest could impede loan growth: HSBC - Apr 12, 2012
- CRR slash a cause for worry: HSBC - Apr 13, 2012
- Might see further slash in CRR by RBI: HSBC (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Bengal gets thumbs-up from HSBC on entry tax - Apr 13, 2012
- Vodanfone issue: HSBC seeks 'tax clarity' from government - Apr 12, 2012
- HSBC to axe 10,000 people - Jul 31, 2011
- Indian American doctor charged with hiding India accounts - Sep 29, 2011
- HSBC to cut another 25,000 jobs despite rise in profits - Aug 02, 2011
- HSBC to cut 25,000 jobs by 2013 - Aug 02, 2011
- Unions protest HSBC's plan to axe 3,000 jobs in Hong Kong - Sep 08, 2011
- HSBC India to go slow in consumer credit business - Apr 16, 2009
- MNS protests wrongful sacking of HSBC employees - May 04, 2012
Tags: australia ltd, chairmanship, companies in india, global workforce, group chairman, group chairperson, group companies, hongkong, hsbc bank australia, hsbc holdings, hsbc holdings plc, indian operations, investor communities, kolkata, level integration, management board, naina lal kidwai, plc group, shanghai banking, tax earnings