NABARD registers 24.2 percent loan growth in Bengal (Lead)April 4th, 2012 - 6:09 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 4 (IANS) The National Bank For Agriculture And Rural Development (NABARD) has loaned Rs.2,784.39 crore to financial institutions of West Bengal and the state government during the last fiscal, registering a growth of over 24.22 percent growth over 2010-11, an official said here Wednesday.
“In order to supplement the short-term funds of Cooperative Banks and Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) we provided refinance credit lines towards crop loans for seasonal agricultural operations,” NABARD West Bengal Regional Office (WBRO) Chief General Manager S. Padmanabhan said at a press conference here.
“These banks availed Rs.1,010.96 crore short-term loans from NABARD, WBRO during 2011-12, registering 18.22 percent growth as against Rs.855.09 crore during 2010-11,” said Padmanabhan.
The bank continued to support SHG Bank Linkage Programme by extending Rs.100 crore refinance to the banks for their lending to self-help groups, the chief general manager added.
- NABARD registers 24.2 percent loan growth in Bengal - Apr 04, 2012
- Don't amend cooperative act without our nod: NABARD - Apr 04, 2012
- Cabinet releases Rs.10,091 crore for crop loan subsidies - Sep 06, 2012
- Cabinet nod for continuing farmers' loan scheme - Sep 06, 2012
- Rs.4,868 crore compensation to public sector banks - Jul 30, 2010
- Nabard's Rs.15 bn fund to help women's self-help groups - Apr 14, 2012
- Himachal gets Rs.171.22 crore loan for rural projects - Dec 13, 2011
- Nabard sanctions Rs.70 crore loan to Himachal - Jul 24, 2012
- Nabard estimates Rs.41,085 crore credit flow in Karnataka - Dec 21, 2010
- Public sector banks to disburse Rs.6 lakh crore farm loans: Chidambaram - Aug 25, 2012
- Allocation for agriculture up 18 percent - Mar 16, 2012
- West Bengal expects 35 percent growth in farm loan - Feb 10, 2010
- NABARD plans to set up rural credit bureaus - Jun 13, 2010
- Nabard slashes refinance rates from Wednesday - Jul 14, 2009
- Mamata urges banks to hike agriculture, SME credit in Bengal - Dec 11, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,