Myanmar, Singapore eye trade tiesJune 9th, 2012 - 10:12 pm ICT by IANS
Yangon, June 9 (IANS) Myanmar and Singapore will hold trade talks here next Thursday.
A 118-member delegation from Singapore, representing 76 companies, will visit Myanmar June 10-15, the Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry (UMFCCI) said.
The delegation will represent transport, construction, engineering, banking, IT, energy, medicine and education, among other sectors, Xinhua reported.
Myanmar-Singapore bilateral trade reached about $2 billion in 2010-11 fiscal year.
Singapore is a major investor in Myanmar after China, Thailand, South Korea and Britain. The country opened foreign investments in 1988.
–Indo-Asian New Service
- Workshop on maritime law held in Dubai - Jun 27, 2012
- Myanmar gas exploration contract inked - Jun 11, 2012
- Myanmar president to visit India - Oct 10, 2011
- Myanmar, India step up cooperation in health sector - Aug 03, 2011
- Myanmar firm to export organic medicines to Israel - Apr 22, 2010
- Dubai to host trade fair - Dec 10, 2010
- Dubai Chamber seeks to boost trade ties with Gujarat - May 27, 2011
- Battery invention could lead to new phone designs - Aug 07, 2012
- Myanmar border trade touches $838 mn - Jul 09, 2012
- Singapore keen to invest in Myanmar's hotel sector - May 27, 2012
- Suu Kyi's party scripts landslide win - Apr 03, 2012
- India, ASEAN commerce ministers meet in Delhi - Mar 03, 2011
- Myanmar allows banks to handle remittances from abroad - Dec 24, 2011
- UBI proposal for India-Myanmar trade - Mar 19, 2012
- Pakistan may launch anti-terror operation - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: bilateral trade, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, construction engineering, energy medicine, eye trade, fiscal year, foreign investments, indo, investor, member delegation, myanmar, sectors, singapore, snb, south korea, trade talks, trade ties, transport construction, xinhua