Murjani group to close down all Build-A-Bear WorkshopsMarch 3rd, 2008 - 6:31 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 3 (IANS) Mumbai-based Murjani group, a leading global brand development firm, which owns the franchise for the US-based company Build-A-Bear Workshop is set to close all its retail-entertainments stores that sell customised stuffed toys. “Our group is responsible for successfully developing and launching some of the renowned international designer lifestyle brands like Jimmy Choo, Gucci and French Connection. And the brand doesn’t have synergy with the rest of our luxury portfolio,” said Indranil Chakraborty, chief bear or business head (India) Build-A-Bear Workshop.
“To focus on its luxury portfolio, the Murjani Group has decided to shut down all its three Build-A-Bear Workshops in India,” Chakraborty told IANS.
“The stores would remain open till March 9. Till that day everything in the store will be sold for a flat 50 percent discount,” he added.
The company last year entered the Indian market in April with two stores in Mumbai, launched its third store in the capital. It operates over 300 stores in 15 countries.
At the stores, kids can customise stuffed toys of their choice by choosing its voice, clothes and name and even get a birth certificate for it at a starting price of Rs.595.
- 300,000 teddy bears recalled in US - Dec 29, 2011
- Tamara Mellon quits Jimmy Choo - Nov 15, 2011
- Luxury brands got India strategy wrong, says expert - Mar 25, 2009
- Joshua Schulman leaves Choo for Bergdorf Goodman - Apr 13, 2012
- Jimmy Choo wants to buy back shoe chain he co-founded 15yrs ago - Mar 20, 2011
- Tamara Mellon stars in campaign for Jimmy Choo fragrance - Jan 06, 2011
- Gucci launches limited edition bracelet for a cause (With Image) - Apr 24, 2011
- Jimmy Choo sold for 525.5 mn pounds - May 23, 2011
- 1,000 fake luxury goods seized in China - Sep 30, 2011
- Gucci denies selling second-hand bags in China - Nov 12, 2011
- Sand China gets bigger with Sands Cotai Central - Apr 12, 2012
- Jimmy Choo to create crystal shoes for anniversary - Nov 25, 2010
- 'Big brands don't necessarily make big money' (With Images) - Aug 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki launches premium sedan Kizashi - Feb 02, 2011
- Future Sharp Skills to train 5 lakh youth of Bengal by 2022 - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: birth certificate, business head, chief bear, clothes, designer lifestyle, entertainments, franchise, french connection, global brand, gucci, India, jimmy choo, lifestyle brands, murjani group, New Delhi, synergy, toys