Mumbai to get more air-conditioned busesJune 1st, 2012 - 9:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 1 (IANS) The Maharashtra government plans to introduce air-conditioned in city to serve major commercial hubs, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said Friday.
Chavan said the service would cater to Mumbai city and suburbs and enable people an affordable, faster and comfortable option of commuting to and from their homes and offices.
“The buses would belong to the existing BEST fleet which already offers 210 air-conditioned services on 28 routes,” Chavan said.
The proposal is to connect commercial and business hubs like Cuffe Parade, Nariman Point, Churchgate, Worli, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Andheri east and west, Malad west, Navi Mumbai and other trade centres.
- Jackie Shroff inaugurates BEST's eco-friendly buses (With Images) - Jul 04, 2010
- New US consulate building in Mumbai uses green technology - Nov 30, 2011
- Nationwide stir: Maharashtra grinds to a halt (Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
- Heavy rains continue in Maharashtra - Sep 04, 2012
- US consulate to move from south Mumbai to city centre - Nov 02, 2011
- Fire at Mumbai commercial complex - Sep 07, 2012
- Day after blasts, Mumbaikars venture out boldly - Jul 14, 2011
- After Adarsh, satellite mapping of prime properties in Mumbai - Dec 10, 2010
- Dharavi re-development set to take off - Jan 04, 2012
- Mumbai sea link second carriageway opens amid Big B row - Mar 24, 2010
- Mumbai Sea Link's second carriageway to open tomorrow - Mar 23, 2010
- US consulate opens in suburban Mumbai - Nov 21, 2011
- Mumbai elevated rail corridor may become a reality - Mar 14, 2012
- Week later, Mumbai blast sites bustle again - Jul 19, 2011
- 'Mumbai mega infra-projects to be completed by 2013' - Mar 07, 2012