Mumbai hosts textile and apparel machinery expoOctober 10th, 2010 - 6:19 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 10 (IANS) The Garment and Textile Machinery and Accessories (Gartexma) 2010 expo showcasing Indian textile and apparel machinery and accessories kicked off here Sunday.
Organised in association with CISMI (Community of International Sewing Machine Industry, India) and Dara Projects, the show is a B2B (business to business) platform to promote technology, products and companies.
“Over the last few years, more than 100 processing units and 30,000 garment units have come up in and around Mumbai. Seeing the potential of these areas, Gartexma 2010 is being organised here for the first time,” said Manjeet Singh Bakshi, chief executive officer of Gartexma 2010.
Bakshi said several technology suppliers from Italy, China, Korea, Japan and Switzerland would showcase their production systems in the show.
The three-day exhibition would also see 150 participants from India.
- Dubai to host Middle East's largest agri-business expo - Mar 20, 2011
- Over 60 Indian firms to showcase products at Australian trade fair - Nov 15, 2011
- 'Incredible India' luring fashion world with business sense: Pakistani designer (With Images) - Apr 15, 2012
- Rs.2,100 crore sanctioned for textiles parks - Oct 27, 2011
- Delhi to host Asia's largest defence exhibition - Mar 26, 2012
- Pakistani designers put traditional foot forward in India - Apr 14, 2012
- 'Made in Pakistan Expo' in Mumbai - Aug 30, 2012
- Creative stone works draw huge crowds at trade fair - Feb 02, 2012
- Steps to boost Indian apparel exports on anvil - Aug 07, 2012
- Italy shoe fair in India to target mid-size market - Jul 27, 2011
- Delhi to host Pakistani lifestyle expo - Apr 04, 2012
- India to host Pakistani lifestyle expo - Apr 08, 2012
- Pakistan expo aims to reap trade benefits, goodwill - Apr 12, 2012
- Trade fair in Mumbai to bring Hong Kong brands to India - Oct 07, 2010
- Lifestyle Pakistan aims at direct India-Pakistan trade - Apr 10, 2012
Tags: apparel machinery, b2b business, bakshi, business platform, chief executive officer, dara, exhibition, garment units, hosts, indian textile, korea japan, machinery expo, manjeet singh, participants, processing units, sewing machine, showcase, technology products, technology suppliers, textile machinery