Mumbai gets world-class hospital from Ambani familyJanuary 26th, 2009 - 6:50 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 26 (IANS) This west coast metropolis Monday got a new world-class healthcare facility in the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Medical Research Institute (KDAH), a 730-bedded private hospital with over 100 outpatient departments, that has come up in the southern suburb. The KDAH, located in the posh Four Bungalows area of Andheri, a north-west suburb, was inaugurated Monday.
The hospital also has 115 intensive care units, including paediatric and neo-natal, plus centres for bone and joint, brain and nervous system, cancer, cardiac sciences, children and rehabilitation, according to a hospital statement.
The 17-storeyed building with two basements has facilities on one million square feet area, a health saloon, a medical mall, patient research centre and a clinical research division with medical services available round-the-clock.
Himanshu Modi, a doctor, said the hospital would prove a “boon” to many patients in the western suburbs who were compelled to seek advanced, high-quality medicare either at Lilavati or AHI, or go all the way to south Mumbai to hospitals like Jaslok Hospital, Breach Candy Hospital, Hinduja Hospital or Saifee Hospital.
“The KDAH will not only help save time for patients travelling from far flung places in the suburbs, but also enable quicker treatment without a waiting list as is prevalent in some of the other big hospitals,” Modi explained.
The KDAH is the first major hospital to come up in the western suburbs. Apart from the private Nanavati Hospital in Vile Parle and several hospitals run by the civic body in the city, the other two notable facilities in the city are located in Bandra - the Asian Heart Institute for cardiac care and the Lilavati Hospital for general care.
- What better gift can a mother expect from her son: Kokilaben (Lead) - Jan 26, 2009
- Kokilaben hospital in Mumbai gets robotic arm for surgeries - Jun 10, 2012
- Stanford announces partnership with India's Jaslok Hospital - Mar 30, 2011
- Mumbai heart hospital ranked safest in world - Jun 08, 2012
- Akshay Kumar is ambassador for heart patients - Sep 23, 2011
- On birthday, Amitabh Bachchan hospitalised, under observation (Second Lead) - Oct 11, 2008
- Maharashtra changes Tamiflu protocol, ropes in private hospitals - Aug 14, 2009
- Azad announces re-development plan for RML Hospital - Mar 05, 2012
- Vijay Amritraj inspires brave-hearts of Mumbai Marathon - Jan 14, 2012
- Health minister inaugurates hospital in Mumbai - Nov 01, 2010
- Amitabh Bachchan rushed to second hospital on birthday (Lead) - Oct 11, 2008
- Shock and disappointment, but no tears at Mumbai hospital - Jul 14, 2011
- Six months after double bypass, Gogoi 'hale and hearty' (With Image) - Feb 04, 2012
- More CCTV cameras coming up in Mumbai - May 27, 2011
- Haryana to bring health services at par with private sector - Aug 12, 2011
Tags: breach candy hospital, civic body, healthcare facility, heart institute, himanshu, hinduja hospital, intensive care units, kokilaben dhirubhai ambani hospital, lilavati hospital, medical mall, medical research institute, outpatient departments, patient research, saifee hospital, south mumbai, southern suburb, square feet area, vile parle, west suburb, western suburbs