Mumbai-based toll operator bags NHAI contract for toll collectionMay 17th, 2011 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 17 (IANS) Mumbai-based MEPL, one of the largest toll operators of India, has bagged a contract of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) to collect tolls from 20 of its plazas, an official said here Tuesday.
MEP Toll Road Pvt Ltd will collect tolls of around Rs.6.23 billion this year from 20 NHAI plazas around the country, MEPL authorities said. It is nearly 44 percent of NHAI’s total toll collection for the year.
“We feel privileged to be selected by NHAI for toll collection in their various projects. Being in the forefront of toll operations management, and specialists in providing end-to-end solutions in toll system, we are committed to strengthening and streamlining traffic management in India - the country with one of the most extensive road networks in the world,” MEPL Chairman and Managing Director Jayant Mhaiskar, Chairman & MD, said.
MEPL has set up toll collection centres in Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana and will operate on 226 lanes across the NHAI network of highways, along with its subsidiary, A.J. Toll Pvt Ltd.
NHAI will now be collecting toll worth Rs.1,440 crore, a rise from Rs.1,100 crore that it collected prior to the awarding of the contract.
After a Mumbai High Court order last year, MEPL had also bagged an NHAI contract for collecting tolls from five of Mumbai entry points.
- Court restrains NHAI on contract termination - Mar 02, 2012
- DGSCL files contempt petition against NHAI - Mar 27, 2012
- Electronic toll plazas can save Rs.22 bn annually: Study - Nov 23, 2011
- NHAI, private firm settle Gurgaon toll plaza issue - Jul 05, 2012
- NHAI, Gurgaon expressway operator get time for talks - Aug 30, 2012
- Considering out-of-court solution on expressway: NHAI - Aug 06, 2012
- IVRCL Group bags orders worth Rs.4,081 crore - Apr 02, 2012
- NHAI, Gurgaon expressway operator settle dispute (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- 'Accidents rise on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway' - Apr 13, 2012
- No toll on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway for 15 days: Court - Sep 04, 2012
- NHAI to garner Rs.10,000 crore from market for projects - Dec 26, 2011
- Operator charges toll at two Gurgoan plazas - Sep 05, 2012
- Haryana to stop collection at 10 toll points - Dec 14, 2011
- India's first RFID technology toll comes up near Chandigarh - Apr 19, 2012
- Decision on new toll collection system likely by July - Mar 20, 2010
Tags: andhra pradesh, forefront, gujarat, haryana, karnataka, managing director, mep, mumbai high court, national highways authority, nhai, operations management, orissa, pvt ltd, road networks, rs 6, toll road, tolls, traffic management, uttar pradesh, worth rs