Mumbai airport win awardMarch 20th, 2008 - 1:10 am ICT by admin
Mumbai, March 19 (IANS) Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA) has been voted the “best airport in public-private partnership” for 2007 in an independent survey of passengers and opinion makers conducted by the Air Passengers Association of India (APAI). “MIAL (Mumbai International Airport Private Limited) is truly honoured to receive this prestigious award from APAI for a second year in a row. This award is a reaffirmation of our vision to transform CSIA into one of the world’s best airports,” said G.V Sanjay Reddy, managing director of MIAL.
The main parameters considered were cleanliness, amenities, comfort and customs/immigration. The survey was conducted online through the APAI website among its members, aviation correspondents from across India and frequent flyers from various industry bodies.
APAI founder and national president Sudhakara Reddy said: “This is one of the few independent surveys, that truly echoes the views of air travellers, aviation experts, and all other significant stakeholders. ”
CSIA is being upgraded to cater to 40 million passengers by 2012. At the end of 2007, MIAL has recorded a total of 25.2 million passengers and 520,000 tonnes of cargo.
- Mumbai airport ranked third for 'service quality' - Feb 16, 2012
- Mumbai airport's main runway not yet functional - Sep 04, 2011
- Mumbai airport main runway shut till 11 p.m. Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
- Mumbai airport wins aeronautical excellence award - Mar 17, 2008
- SC dismisses plea on Delhi, Mumbai airports - Sep 10, 2012
- Main Mumbai airport runway to shut for 8 hours till May - Jan 20, 2012
- High aircraft parking charges at Mumbai flayed - Jul 13, 2012
- India to rank among top five aviation nations: President - Oct 17, 2011
- Shivaji memorial planned outside Mumbai airport - Jul 09, 2010
- Mumbai airport's traffic control tower design bags award - Jul 21, 2009
- Turkish Airlines plane skids; Mumbai airport shut till Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
- Mumbai domestic airport's new terminal opened - Apr 17, 2010
- No more terrible Tuesdays at Mumbai airport - Mar 23, 2010
- Mumbai Airport handles 25.8 mn passengers - Apr 21, 2008
- Hong Kong airport wins 'best airport' laurel for fourth consecutive year - May 15, 2010
Tags: air passengers, air travellers, apai, aviation experts, chhatrapati shivaji international airport, correspondents, csia, echoes, frequent flyers, independent survey, independent surveys, industry bodies, mial, mumbai airport, national president, prestigious award, private limited, public private partnership, reaffirmation, sanjay