Multi Commodity Exchange launches Gujarati websiteJuly 18th, 2008 - 7:57 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 18 (IANS) The Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX) Friday launched its Gujarati website here with a view to popularize commodity futures market among traders, investors and farmers in Gujarat. MCX chairman Venkat R. Chary said the website would provide a point of interlinkage between regional investors and MCX.
“It will increase awareness of price discovery among the Gujarati-speaking community who are deprived of information or do not understand the markets due to a language barrier,” he said.
Chary said with most knowledge-sharing on the Internet being done on English websites, information flow gets limited. The Gujarati website would help overcome this barrier to reach the masses.
The website www.gujarati.mcxindia.com was inaugurated by Forward Markets Commission chairman B.C. Khatua.
An MCX spokesman said participants would have up-to-date price information through the website which would assist them to understand the pricing mechanism, and provide information on various commodities and the commodity market itself.
It will also enable users enter the markets by providing information on contract specifications, product details, membership details and access to regional support centres.
Launched in 2003, the Mumbai-based MCX is a demutualised nationwide electronic multi-commodity futures exchange set up by the Financial Technologies.
At present it offers futures trading in 48 commodities, including bullion, energy, metals, oils and oilseeds, cereals, pulses, plantations, spices, plastics and fibres.
MCX also has strategic alliances with 18 Indian commodity exchanges, trade exchanges and international exchanges.
- Gontermann-Peipers expects FMC nod for commodity exchange - Sep 15, 2010
- More ticker boards on farm goods' trade planned in Kerala - Nov 08, 2011
- Markets to hold special Diwali trading session Wednesday - Oct 25, 2011
- Exchange of futures for physicals facility launched - Dec 01, 2009
- Markets to open for special 'Muhurat' trading on Diwali - Nov 04, 2010
- Gold prices hit record high, deter buyers - Jun 02, 2010
- MCX-SX to have 40-stock barometer index - Sep 12, 2012
- Petrol price to be cut if global crude prices slip further: Minister - Aug 09, 2011
- MCX-SX aims to start trading with 1,200 stocks - Sep 13, 2012
- Price discovery of crude oil can not be left entirely unregulated: Jaipal Reddy - Feb 23, 2011
- Sharekhan launches Fortune Finder for stock market investors - Sep 16, 2010
- Gold price reaches record high - Feb 17, 2009
- MCX gets SEBI nod for currency futures trading - Aug 25, 2008
- Bangladesh's capital market like a casino: Expert - Feb 13, 2011
- Gold loses lustre among Indian customers due to rising price - Feb 10, 2010
Tags: commodity exchanges, commodity futures market, commodity market, contract specifications, english websites, forward markets, futures trading, international exchanges, mcx, mcxindia com, multi commodity exchange, multi commodity exchange of india, multi commodity exchange of india ltd, price discovery, regional investors, regional support, speaking community, strategic alliances, trade exchanges, venkat