Much-awaited Vaishali line may get delayedJuly 2nd, 2011 - 7:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 2 (IANS) The much-awaited Anand Vihar-Vaishali Metro line that would connect Delhi to Ghaziabad might get delayed, an official said.
The Delhi Metro line that was scheduled to be inaugurated July 9 by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati could be delayed as she might not be able to make it.
“The chief minister was supposed to inaugurate the line July 9 but because of her busy schedule it may get delayed for a few days,” Ghaziabad Development Authority chairman Narendra Chaudhary said.
“We have given official information to the DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) about it,” he added.
However, DMRC officials said they have not got any official information either from the Ghaziabad authorities or from the Uttar Pradesh government.
“According to our information, there is no delay in the inauguration. We have not been intimated about Mayawati’s busy schedule,” said a DMRC official.
The Vaishali Metro corridor is an extension of the 35-km-long Dwarka-Yamuna Bank corridor. The route from Yamuna Bank metro station gets diverted to Noida while the other route, at present, extends up to Anand Vihar.
The DMRC currently operates 56 trains on both the lines which includes 27 six-coach trains. With the opening of the Ghaziabad line, the total number of trains running would be increased to 58.
The frequency of trains would be 3.5-4 minutes during the morning peak hours (8 a.m. to 12 p.m.) and evening peak hours (5 p.m. to 8 p.m.), the DMRC has stated.
The DMRC expects around 40,000 passengers to use this line.
- Metro services to Ghaziabad start Thursday - Jul 12, 2011
- From Thursday, Ghaziabad gets closer to Delhi - Jul 13, 2011
- Nearly 30,000 use Delhi Metro in Ghaziabad on first day - Jul 14, 2011
- Sreedharan inspects metro extension to Ghaziabad - Jun 16, 2011
- Metro services hit in Vaishali (Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- Delhi Metro services to Ghaziabad begin - Jul 14, 2011
- Metro services hit in Vaishali - Jan 02, 2012
- Delhi metro inducts six-coach trains to ease rush (lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Delhi Metro inducts six-coach trains (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Delhi Metro to reach Mohan Nagar in Ghaziabad - Jul 12, 2011
- Delhi Metro inducts six-coach trains (Third Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Signal snag hits thousands of Metro commuters (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- Delhi Metro now goes to Ghaziabad (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- 12 more trains for Delhi Metro before Games - Jul 27, 2010
- Efforts on to minimise Metro snags, say officials - Mar 30, 2012
Tags: anand, authorities, busy schedule, chief minister, coach, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, dmrc delhi, evening peak, few days, inauguration, Mayawati, metro line, metro station, morning peak, narendra, New Delhi, peak hours, trains, uttar pradesh government