MTS subscriber base crosses 5 million markJune 23rd, 2010 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 23 (IANS) Mobile telephony brand MTS of Sistema Shyam TeleService Limited (SSTL) Wednesday said its subscriber base has crossed the five million mark and promised to offer new voice and data services.
The subscribers include over 100,000 users of its wireless Internet service “MBlaze”.
“Five million subscribers have given us a special place in Indian telecom sector and we are determined to offer them new voice and data products,” said Vsevolod Rozanov, president and chief executive officer of SSTL.
The company launched a comprehensive new prepaid tariff plan for its voice and data services on the occasion.
Its “win win pack”, offers customers an wide array of services, including local and national calls and a SMS pack, and will be available at a discounted introductory price of Rs.399, though its cost is Rs.530.
The packs includes a special value voucher of Rs.150 offering talk time of Rs.200 and an STD pack worth Rs.58, offering 120 minutes of national calling.
MTS also launched a new package for its data services “Unlimited MBlazer”, which offers unlimited data access for 30 days at Rs.999 to its new and existing customers.
SSTL is a joint venture between Sistema Russia and the Shyam Group of India. It has spectrum to provide services in all the 22 circles across the country, but is currently providing voice-based services in only 11 circles.
- MTS launches advanced broadband service - Sep 01, 2011
- Russian Sistema's India unit to appoint banks for IPO - Mar 15, 2011
- MTS launches mobile broadband service in 20 towns - Feb 20, 2012
- Sistema Shyam issues over 547 mn shares to Russian government - Mar 30, 2011
- SSTL reports quarterly loss of Rs.657.6 crore - Sep 07, 2011
- MTS launches 30 paise plan for calls - Jul 05, 2012
- Sistema Shyam's net loss narrows to Rs.528 crore - May 29, 2012
- MTS crosses 10 million customers, re-brands itself - Mar 15, 2011
- MTS to spend Rs.100 crore on data services in Gujarat - Mar 03, 2011
- Decision on 2G auction participation only by October: SSTL - Sep 10, 2012
- MTS launches zero paisa plan to retain customers - Feb 09, 2012
- Sistema Shyam to decide on IPO by year-end - Sep 06, 2010
- SSTL's quarterly net loss rises to Rs.1,197 crore - Apr 11, 2012
- Russia's Sistema to float public issue for Indian telecom arm - Aug 11, 2010
- MTS launches two Android phones for below Rs.5,000 - Aug 31, 2011
Tags: chief executive officer, data access, existing customers, indian telecom, introductory price, joint venture, million subscribers, mobile telephony, New Delhi, new voice, rs 200, shyam, sstl, subscriber base, talk time, tariff plan, telecom sector, teleservice, wireless internet service, worth rs