MTS launches smartphones starting Rs.4,999September 6th, 2010 - 5:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 6 (IANS) Mobile telephony brand MTS of Sistema Shyam TeleService Limited (SSTL) Monday launched three new smartphones priced between Rs.4,999 and Rs.13,500.
Targeted at young net-savvy professionals, these smartphones –Ivory, Buzz and Alive– are loaded with social networking operations and high-speed data services.
“MTS smartphones are among the most competitive and fully loaded devices which will set a benchmark in the industry with the third generation capabilities,” said Vsevolod Rozanov, president and chief executive officer, SSTL.
Buzz is the cheapest among three smartphones, priced at Rs.4,999. It offers social networking sites such as facebook and twitter along with QWERTY keyboard and expandable memory upto 4GB.
Alive, priced at Rs.6,000, has an in-built Opera Mini Browser. Ivory costs Rs.13,500 and offers access to 60 mobile TV channels along with microsoft exchange push mail access to facebook, twitter and orkut.
SSTL a joint venture between Sistema of Russia and Shyam Group of India.
- MTS launches two Android phones for below Rs.5,000 - Aug 31, 2011
- SSTL's quarterly net loss rises to Rs.1,197 crore - Apr 11, 2012
- MTS crosses 10 million customers, re-brands itself - Mar 15, 2011
- MTS subscriber base crosses 5 million mark - Jun 23, 2010
- Sistema Shyam issues over 547 mn shares to Russian government - Mar 30, 2011
- Sistema Shyam's net loss narrows to Rs.528 crore - May 29, 2012
- Minimum bid price for 2G spectrum too high: SSTL - Aug 07, 2012
- Sistema-Shyam launches MTS in Gujarat - Dec 03, 2010
- SSTL reports quarterly loss of Rs.657.6 crore - Sep 07, 2011
- MTS launches advanced broadband service - Sep 01, 2011
- MTS launches 30 paise plan for calls - Jul 05, 2012
- Russian Sistema's India unit to appoint banks for IPO - Mar 15, 2011
- Sistema Shyam to decide on IPO by year-end - Sep 06, 2010
- Decision on 2G auction participation only by October: SSTL - Sep 10, 2012
- Sistema Shyam expects 10 mn user base by December - Mar 25, 2010
Tags: chief executive officer, expandable memory, facebook, generation capabilities, high speed data, high speed data services, mail, memory upto, mini browser, mobile telephony, mobile tv, networking operations, new smartphones, orkut, savvy professionals, shyam, social networking sites, sstl, teleservice, twitter