MRF to set up new radial tyre plantMay 2nd, 2008 - 5:54 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, May 2 (IANS) Automobile tyre manufacturer MRF Ltd has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Tamil Nadu government Friday to set up a radial tyre plant in Perambulur district. The company will also expand its existing radial tyre plant at Arakonam. Both projects will involve an outlay of Rs.9 billion ($225 million).
The new plant will roll out 350,000 car and truck radial tyres in the first phase. The total capacity at the completion of the second phase will be 700,000 units.
Land measuring 290 acres is being acquired at the Perambulur district for the new plant.
The MoU was signed by MRF managing director K.M. Mammen and Tamil Nadu industries secretary M.F. Farooqui in the presence of Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi, union Minister for IT and Communications A. Raja and state Chief Secretary L.K. Tripathy.
- Apollo Tyres raises new plant investment to Rs.2,100 crore - Jan 11, 2011
- Apollo Tyres ups new plant investment to Rs.2,100 crore (Lead) - Jan 11, 2011
- Labour unrest at MRF again, Arakonam plant locked out - May 18, 2009
- MRF set to roll out aviation tyres - Aug 28, 2008
- JK Tyre enters Tamil Nadu with Rs.1500 crore plant - Aug 04, 2010
- Sit-in strike at MRF plants enters 11th day - May 19, 2009
- Striking MRF workers plan to return ration, voter cards - May 20, 2009
- Michelin to roll out radial truck tyres in 2012 - Jul 06, 2011
- MRF Ltd mulls overseas acquisitions - Oct 10, 2011
- Hyundai proposes Rs.1,500 crore investment in Tamil Nadu - Jan 21, 2011
- Chennai will be world's largest auto-manufacturing hub: Stalin - Feb 10, 2011
- Tamil Nadu signs three MOUs worth Rs.13,000 crore - Aug 04, 2010
- Samsung India to expand Chennai facility at Rs.350 crore - Nov 03, 2010
- Tamil Nadu to strengthen roads for Toshiba JSW Turbine's project - Jan 12, 2012
- Yamaha to set up Rs.1,500 crore plant in Tamil Nadu - May 14, 2012
Tags: chennai, chief minister, chief secretary, farooqui, m karunanidhi, mammen, memorandum of understanding, mou, mrf, outlay, radial tyre, radial tyres, raja, second phase, state chief, tamil nadu government, tripathy, tyre, tyre manufacturer, union minister