Mott MacDonald opens new design centre in KochiMarch 13th, 2009 - 6:35 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, March 13 (IANS) London-based engineering and consultancy major Mott MacDonald Friday opened its new design centre in Kochi, Kerala.
Mott MacDonald director (oil and gas global operations) Sam Mathew said the company was committed to expanding its business in India and Kochi would become a hub for the firm’s oil, gas and petrochemical storage and distribution business.
“This will enable us to take work both in India and around the world. South India has experienced professionals and it is an excellent location for attracting high calibre engineers who can help us take our business plans for growth forward,” said Mathew.
He added that the new centre would support the firm’s oil, gas and petrochemical design centres in Kolkata and Mumbai.
At present, oil giants like Shell India Marketing Ltd and Hindustan Petroleum Corp are Mott MacDonald’s clients in India. The company is providing consultancy services for Shell India’s new multi-product oil terminal project at Bangalore and Hindustan Petroleum Corp’s terminals at Visakhapatnam.
- 25-member British team at Kerala investors' meet - Sep 05, 2012
- India asks Saudi Arabia to hike crude oil supply - Feb 23, 2012
- Andhra gets Rs.5.57 lakh crore investment at Partnership Summit (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Petronet's Kochi LNG terminal to start in two months - Aug 23, 2012
- Firms keen on JVs for oil, gas exploration in Africa: Reddy - Dec 09, 2011
- India seeks Qatari investment in oil and gas sector - Oct 28, 2011
- Gallagher weds girlfriend Sara Macdonald - Jun 20, 2011
- Kuwait keen on investing in India's petrochemical industry - Sep 29, 2010
- Gail, Tidco to set up a JV power plant in Tamil Nadu - May 11, 2012
- ONGC-led consortium to invest $3 billion in Venezuela - Jul 11, 2012
- Indian Oil, Reliance lead Indian 8 in Fortune 500 - Jul 10, 2012
- Oil marketing firms losing Rs.518 crore per day - May 01, 2012
- Petrol bunks go dry in three Tamil Nadu districts(Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Petrol price hike in the offing as crude soars - Mar 23, 2012
- OMCs to invest Rs.1,500 crore for LPG supply in Karnataka - Jul 02, 2010
Tags: bangalore, business plans, calibre engineers, consultancy services, distribution business, global operations, hindustan petroleum, hindustan petroleum corp, india marketing, kochi kerala, kolkata, mott macdonald, oil and gas, oil gas, oil giants, oil terminal, petrochemical, sam mathew, south india, terminal project