Most Americans disapprove of government takeover of GMJune 12th, 2009 - 2:40 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 12 (ANI): Most Americans have expressed their unhappiness over the federal government taking over auto giant General Motors, a FOX News poll released Thursday says.
Fifty eight percent to 38 percent voters across the country say they disapprove of the government takeover and majority ownership stake in General Motors.
Majorities of Republicans (79 percent) and independents (59 percent) think it was a bad move, as well as a sizable minority of Democrats (39 percent).
Americans think the government should have let the market decide GM’s fate (52 percent) than believe it was in the country’s best interest to save the car maker (44 percent).
A majority of Democrats (62 percent) support the government intervening in GM, while majorities of Republicans (72 percent) and independents (54 percent) back letting market forces decide.
Opinion Dynamics Corp. conducted the national telephone poll of 900 registered voters for FOX News from June 9 to June 10. The poll has a 3-point error margin. (ANI)
- Despite Republican's edge ahead of mid term polls, Americans feel it wont bring 'positive change' - Jul 30, 2010
- Over 6 in 10 Americans don't want military sent to Libya: Poll - Mar 18, 2011
- More Americans want a new president than Obama to be re-elected: Fox News poll - Apr 08, 2011
- Washington Post-ABC News poll finds Obama reaching a new low - Jul 13, 2010
- 68 percent of Americans would vote out all lawmakers: Fox poll - Mar 20, 2010
- Obama's job performance rating drops overall, according to US poll - Jul 16, 2010
- America is on decline as civilization: Poll - Jul 31, 2010
- Most Americans approve of Obama's decision to resume military tribunals in Gitmo - Mar 25, 2011
- Democrats slip below Republicans for first time ahead of Nov congressional elections, finds poll - Sep 07, 2010
- US voters likely to favour newcomers in November elections - May 22, 2010
- US media polls present grim picture for Democrats in Nov mid-term elections - Sep 08, 2010
- Americans split over GOP efforts to repel Obama administration's health care law: Poll - Feb 11, 2011
- Obama leads in three swing states: poll - Jun 28, 2012
- Republicans widen lead over Democrats ahead of Nov mid-term Congressional polls - Sep 18, 2010
- Gaddafi keener to stay in power than Obama to oust him says Fox News Poll - Apr 07, 2011
Tags: bad move, best interest, car maker, error margin, fox news, general motors, government takeover, independents, majorities, majority ownership, national telephone, news poll, opinion dynamics corp, ownership stake, point error, registered voters, republicans, sizable minority, telephone poll, unhappiness