Moser Baer to launch Bollywood movies on pen drivesSeptember 13th, 2010 - 4:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 13 (IANS) Optical media devices manufacturer Moser Baer India Monday said it is launching pre-loaded Bollywood movies on pen drives to increase market share.
“We plan to launch around 1 lakh units per month of this USB (univeral serial bus) drive which will enable us to capture an additional 4-5 percent of the market share in the solid state media,” said Deepak Shetty, senior vice president, domestic sales and marketing.
According to the company, the pre-loaded content can be erased by customers as and when required and the device can be used as a normal USB drive.
As an introductory offer, the company has priced a 4 GB drive stick at Rs.850.
“This launch will be followed by more new exciting offerings in higher end 8 GB and 16 GB drives shortly,” the company said in a statement.
In January this year, the company had launched content- loaded Micro-SD cards for mobile handsets, containing movies and songs.
During the same time last year, T-Series had tied up with the company’s competitor Transcend to release the music of Sanjay Dutt and Akshay Kumar starrer “Blue” on pen drives.
- Now, e-learning content on USBs - Sep 28, 2010
- Nokia launches Lumia 610 for Rs.12,999 in India - Jul 06, 2012
- Applications key as tablets flood Indian market - Aug 25, 2011
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 800 in India - Aug 24, 2012
- HCL Infosystems launches Rs.10,490 tablet in India - Oct 14, 2011
- A look at three low-cost tablets (To go with tablet market story) - Aug 12, 2012
- Bhushan Kumar Is "Ready" To Take Over Bollywood - Nov 22, 2010
- Reliance Communications unveils first CDMA tablet - Mar 12, 2012
- Motorola launches slimmer Razr for Rs.33,990 - Nov 21, 2011
- iberry to launch low cost 3G tablet in July - Jun 27, 2012
- Wipro unveils slimmest ultrabook for Indian market - Feb 21, 2012
- BlackBerry stock sinks as new device is no iPhone 4 'killer' - Aug 04, 2010
- Motorola launches two dual SIM handsets - Sep 30, 2010
- Low-cost smartphones whet Indian appetite for mobile apps - Mar 04, 2012
- Sandisk unveils latest flash drives - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: 1 lakh, akshay kumar, bollywood movies, bus drive, competitor, gb drive, lakh units, launch, market share, micro sd cards, mobile handsets, moser baer, New Delhi, optical media, sales and marketing, sanjay dutt, senior vice president, serial bus, solid state, usb drive