More flights between Ras Al Khaimah, Indian cities demandedJune 28th, 2011 - 10:26 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 28 (IANS) Eight major associations of the Indian community in Ras Al Khaimah have urged the Indian government to increase the number of flights between Indian cities and the emirate of the UAE.
The associations have even threatened to encourage the community to boycott Air India during the upcoming holiday season.
The associations in a statement released here Tuesday said 450,000 Indians residing in the catchment area of Ras Al Khaimah have to travel to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Sharjah airports for catching flights to India.
Though Ras Al Khaimah has an international airport, there is only one flight being operated to India. “It appears that the return gesture from the carriers in India is not forthcoming,” said S.A. Saleem, president of Indian Association in Ras Al Khaimah.
The associations appealed to Civil Aviation Minister Vayalar Ravi to commence direct air services between Ras Al Khaimah and Cochin, Trivandrum, Mangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmadabad and Chennai by Air India or to allow the national carrier of Ras Al Khaimah to operate on these routes.
They called for more air connectivity in view of the greater movement of people on these sectors, thanks to the growing investment and trade ties between India and Ras Al Khaimah.
- 'Operate more flights between India, Ras Al Khaimah' - Jul 01, 2011
- RAK Airways keen to operate more flights into Kerala - Aug 02, 2011
- Indian envoy to UAE meets Ras Al Khaimah ruler - Jun 06, 2012
- Air Arabia bags Indian award - Dec 28, 2011
- Air India owes Rs.2,310 crore to oil firms - Nov 23, 2011
- UAE's air traffic up 6.9 percent in November - Dec 16, 2010
- UAE signs open skies pact with Djibouti - Feb 11, 2011
- UAE signs air services deal with Britain - Feb 16, 2012
- Air Arabia to start daily flights to Kenya - Mar 14, 2011
- Air Arabia to run two Delhi-Sharjah flights daily - Aug 29, 2012
- Air India cancels five Kerala flights - Apr 28, 2011
- Air Arabia Egypt launches Istanbul flights - Jun 25, 2011
- Book catches fascinating flight of Indian aviation - Mar 15, 2012
- UAE to open 140 new mosques in 2011 - Jun 28, 2011
- Cathay Pacific announces Hyderabad-Hong Kong flight - Aug 23, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, ahmadabad, air india, catchment area, chennai, civil aviation, cochin, connectivity, emirate, gesture, holiday season, indian cities, indian government, indians, mangalore, national carrier, ras al khaimah, trade ties, trivandrum, uae