Modi effect at BSE; stocks of Gujarat based companies soar sharplyDecember 24th, 2007 - 6:45 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, Dec 24 (ANI): The Gujarat-based companies today rallied sharply after the Narendra Modi Government retained power in the state on Sunday.
The top grosser was GHCL that posted a gain of over 13 per cent. Mundra Port gained nine per cent. Gujarat Narmada, GSFC, Gujarat Petronet and Gujarat Alkali also registered good growth.
The 30-share sensitive index (Sensex) opened with a positive gap of 146 points at 19, 038 and gained 691 points before closing at 19, 854.
The Sensex touched a high of 19, 879 during post-noon trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange.
The Midcap index also posted a growth of 186 points and the Smallcap registered gain of 167 points.
All sectoral indices also performed well with the BSE IT index zooming by over six per cent, the BSE Bankex, Power, PSU and TECH indices soaring by three to five per cent.
Wipro gained nine percent and Infosys zoomed by nearly seven per cent. TCS, Bharti and Satyam were up by six per cent each. Reliance advanced nearly three per cent and ICICI Bank gained over four per cent. (ANI)
- Sensex falls 146 points, realty, metal stocks slump - Dec 28, 2011
- Sensex ruling dull in morning trade - Dec 14, 2010
- Sensex rebounds 101 points; banking stocks climb - Dec 30, 2011
- Sensex closes 190 points as market consolidates (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2010
- Sensex ends flat in a choppy session (lead) - Dec 28, 2010
- Sensex closes flat; Hero Honda surges 18 percent - Dec 20, 2010
- Sensex rallies in last hour, closes 160 points higher (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex closes 34 points high, FMCG, IT stocks up (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Sensex ruling in green; realty, consumer durables gain - Mar 06, 2012
- Sensex closes 355 points higher (Third Lead) - Apr 20, 2011
- Sensex moves up in noon trade (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Sensex up 1 percent in morning session - Mar 30, 2011
- Housing scam pulls down Sensex (Roundup) - Nov 24, 2010
- Sensex rises 1 percent; banks, realty, metal stocks climb - Mar 23, 2011
- Sensex volatile in morning trade - Nov 24, 2010
Tags: alkali, bharti, bombay stock exchange, dec 24, gap, ghcl, gsfc, gujarat petronet, hspace, img src, infosys, midcap index, narendra modi, narmada, psu, reliance, satyam, sectoral indices, sensitive index, wipro