MMTC opens retail chain for gold, diamond jewelleryApril 21st, 2009 - 4:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 21 (IANS) State-owned commodity trader MMTC Ltd, in association with diamond company Gitanjali Group, Tuesday launched ‘Suddhi Sampoorna Vishwash’, a chain of retail stores for selling hallmark gold and diamond jewellery.
The first store was opened at Lajpat Nagar in New Delhi. The joint venture will open around 25 stores in India this year and 60 more next year, MMTC chairman and managing director Sanjeev Batra told reporters here.
“The gold refinery at Sona (Haryana) that MMTC has acquired recently will be used to supply gold to the stores of MMTC and Gitanjali Gems,” Batra said.
MMTC and Switzerland-based metal refiner Pamp will jointly operate the Sona refinery, in which MMTC has 25 percent stake.
“The Sona refinery will be operational in the next nine months,” Batra said.
MMTC is also planning to set up a commodity exchange for gold, Batra added.
- MMTC to import white sugar from Brazil in May - Apr 21, 2009
- MMTC opens retail chain for gold, diamond jewellery (Lead) - Apr 21, 2009
- IIJW's opening show blends glamour with cause - Jul 31, 2011
- Gitanjali group inaugurates first gold-dispensing ATM - Oct 22, 2011
- Indian jewellery showcased at US show - Jun 02, 2012
- New-look Malabar Gold targets $6 bn turnover by 2015 - Mar 25, 2012
- Bathinda refinery to be inaugurated in April - Mar 29, 2012
- Jewellers demand abolition of gold units - Mar 13, 2012
- Shubh Jewellers targets southern India with 550 gold outlets - Dec 15, 2011
- PM launches Rs.21,500 crore Bathinda refinery - Apr 28, 2012
- Japan, South Korea plan big oil investments in Venezuela - Apr 30, 2012
- Data base of six million Kerala students to be prepared - Aug 19, 2011
- Festival of Gold 2008 being held in New Delhi - Oct 15, 2008
- Bollywood glitters at India's first jewellery week inaugural - Aug 15, 2010
- Iran keen to expand trade ties with Sri Lanka - Dec 17, 2011
Tags: commodity exchange, commodity trader, diamond company, diamond jewellery, gitanjali gems, gold diamond, gold refinery, hallmark, haryana, joint venture, managing director, mmtc, New Delhi, nine months, pamp, percent stake, refiner, retail chain, retail stores, sampoorna