Mliven selects Tanla Mobile to deploy payforit platformFebruary 21st, 2008 - 3:04 pm ICT by admin
London, Feb 21 (ANI/Business Wire India): Tanla Mobile, the global leader for wireless application development, mobile billing and messaging solutions, today announced it has been selected by the European-based mobile company Mliven, to provide a mobile billing platform for the imminent launch of several of Mliven’s mobile services in the UK.
Mliven is a world leader in mobile application and product development and has over 100 different mobile applications launched across Europe.
Mliven will immediately work with Tanla Mobile to launch several mobile gaming portals in partnerships with global mobile game publishers.
“Mliven has a proven track record in Europe and we are keen to create an official presence in the UK,” said Jan Rezab, President of Mliven.
“In order to offer our services and applications to local consumers, we wanted to implement a flexible billing platform that enables us to monetise content and mobile internet search traffic. Having spoken to several suppliers, we chose to work with Tanla Mobile to deploy Payforit because they displayed unsurpassed technical knowledge, combined with a collaborative approach and an enthusiastic team,” added Jan.
Payforit is the new payment service, supported by all licensed UK mobile operators, designed to make it easy to pay for low cost services on the mobile phone.
First announced in March 2006, the Payforit scheme has been developed by the operators to promote a trustworthy and consistent standard for paying by mobile, so that consumers can buy with confidence when they are making one-off payments or setting up subscription services via their phone. Tanla Mobile is one of the first Trusted Payment Intermediaries to offer PayForIt across all UK networks.
It provides a complete PayForIt solution that helps digital content owners maximise revenues from content sales and increase consumer trust.
“Tanla Mobile is delighted to help innovative companies such as Mliven establish themselves in the UK market. Payforit represents the first step into mobile commerce, creating a whole new marketplace for mobile content,” said Gautam Sabharwal, Business Development Director, Tanla Mobile.
“Our Payforit platform will enable brands such as Mliven to actually convert customer interest and traffic on their mobile portals into customers’ transactions, providing a simple, transparent billing mechanism that makes delivering cutting edge content painless,” added Gautam.
“Tanla Mobile has demonstrated it understands our market perfectly and knows how to make our ambitions a reality. We certainly plan to continue working with the company as there are many synergies between us that we can maximise in the future,” Rezab added. (ANI)
- Tanla Mobile inks pact with European mobile major Mliven - Feb 21, 2008
- Reliance Communications' R World to break language barrier - Feb 15, 2011
- 141 mn people to use mobiles for payments: Gartner - Jul 21, 2011
- Reliance Capital arm launches mobile-based payment system - Aug 09, 2012
- IMImobile joins Wholesale Applications Community - May 10, 2011
- Airtel launches online payment system in Africa - Sep 15, 2011
- Percept Knorigin inks deal with Alcatel Lucent to provide digital content - Jun 01, 2011
- Reliance Communication launches 3G services in four cities - Dec 13, 2010
- Reliance Communications launches mobile banking with SBI - Apr 20, 2011
- Low-cost smartphones whet Indian appetite for mobile apps - Mar 04, 2012
- KKR goes all out to engage fans - Apr 03, 2012
- Qbend launches platform for publishers to go online - Feb 23, 2012
- Spice plans incubation centres for mobile apps developers - Nov 07, 2011
- MasterCard, C-SAM to jointly offer mobile wallet service - May 18, 2012
- RCom sets up 3G innovation lab in Mumbai - Aug 30, 2010
Tags: billing platform, collaborative approach, consumer trust, content sales, digital content owners, flexible billing, game publishers, innovative companies, launch, london feb, messaging solutions, mobile application, mobile applications, mobile billing, mobile company, mobile gaming, proven track record, search traffic, uk networks, wireless application development