Mizoram to introduce helicopter service in remote areasJuly 15th, 2012 - 2:54 pm ICT by IANS
Aizawl, July 15 (IANS) Mizoram will soon introduce helicopter services to remote areas to supervise developmental works, provide connectivity to people in emergency situations and carry dignitaries, an official said here Sunday.
“The helicopter service would be utilised for supervising developmental works, offering medical care during emergencies, facilitating visits of dignitaries in remote areas and carrying passengers in any emergency situation,” a Mizoram government official said.
He added that a tender has already been floated for selecting the service provider.
“One twin engine helicopter with carrying capacity of minimum six-seven passengers excluding crew would be pressed into service,” the official said.
It will help improve accessibility in remote, hilly and areas bordering Myanmar and Bangladesh during monsoon (June to Sept) or in emergency situations.
For the last 10 years, India’s national helicopter company Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd. has been operating services in the interior areas of Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland and Manipur with the union home ministry subsidising fares by up to 75 percent.
- Mizoram to launch copter service in remote areas - Aug 02, 2012
- Pawan Hans resumes copter services in northeast - Jul 27, 2011
- Pawan Hans resumes chopper service in Meghalaya - Jul 26, 2012
- Pawan Hans to conduct thorough check of its fleet - May 03, 2011
- Pawan Hans resumes chopper services in Meghalaya - Jul 25, 2012
- 17 die in Arunachal chopper crash (Third Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- 17 killed in Arunachal chopper crash in (Second Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- Chopper carrying Arunachal chief minister still missing (Night Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Choppers to give boost to Mizoram tourism, governance - Feb 23, 2010
- Concrete details of missing chopper by evening: Mukul Wasnik (Lead) - May 03, 2011
- Arunachal MP welcomes setting up of committee to probe Tawang crash - Apr 24, 2011
- With ISRO lead, rescuers search for missing chopper - May 03, 2011
- Arunachal chief minister's chopper was new: Pawan Hans - May 01, 2011
- Chopper with Arunachal chief minister still missing (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- ISRO images throw up clues to missing chopper (Third Lead) - May 02, 2011
Tags: carrying capacity, dignitaries, emergencies, emergency situation, emergency situations, government official, helicopter company, helicopter service, helicopter services, helicopters ltd, interior areas, manipur, medical care, mizoram government, monsoon, myanmar, nagaland, national helicopter, twin engine helicopter, union home ministry