Mitsui Chemicals to set up manufacturing unit in RajasthanNovember 14th, 2007 - 10:39 am ICT by admin
Mitsui Prime Advanced Composites India will set up its first manufacturing base on 15 acres of land allocated to them by RIICO at Neemrana Japanese Investment Industrial Area, Majrakath Neemrana-Phase III.
The unit with an initial capacity of 15,000 tonnes per annum, will supply polypropylene compounded resins used in manufacturing bumpers, panels and pillars, for four wheelers to major car manufacturers across the country. The unit will be operational from the first quarter of 2009.
On the occasion, Kuldeep Ranka, Managing Director, RIICO, said, “RIICO extends a warm welcome to Mitsui Prime Advanced Composites India. This is a step forward in our effort to develop the Japanese Investment Park at Neemrana. The entry of reputed Japanese companies like Mitsui in manufacturing for first time in India will boost the emergent auto sector in Rajasthan and accelerate the state’s economic growth trajectory.”
Junichi Nakagawa, Managing Director, Mitsui Chemicals Petrochemicals business, Japan said, “India’s burgeoning auto sector provides us an excellent opportunity and we are pleased to establish our presence in Rajasthan. We appreciate RIICO’s help in establishing Mitsui Prime Advanced Composites India at Neemrana.”
Last year, in a MoU signed between RIICO and JETRO (Japanese External Trade Organization), RIICO had committed to reserve industrial lands for Japanese investors in Neemrana for auto component sector in order to enhance Japanese investments in the State.
In August this year, Nissin Brakes India announced a new manufacturing unit near the same venue.
In Bhiwadi, 40 km from Neemrana-Phase III, RIICO has already provided about 600 acres of land to Honda Siel Cars India Ltd (HSCIL) to set up its second manufacturing plant in May this year.
The presence of automobile majors like Ashok Leyland, Eicher, and Honda Siel Cars among others in the region has facilitated the growth of the manufacturing sector in Rajasthan in a major way.
About 70 auto component units including prominent players like Caparo Fasteners, Climate System, Federal Mogul Goetze, Nissin Brakes India Pvt. Ltd, Hi-Tech Gear, Ocap Chassis, Amtek India, Balkrishan Tyres and Continental Engines are also present in the Bhiwadi region. (ANI)
- Rajasthan's single window law facilitates investment: Minister - Mar 28, 2012
- Single agency proposed for Bhiwadi's development - Sep 19, 2012
- Ghilot, Tapukara now in Rajasthan's industrialisation drive - Jun 14, 2012
- Rajasthan steps forward to woo Japanese investors - Dec 23, 2011
- Taiwanese delegation excited by opportunities in Rajasthan - Feb 26, 2011
- Nippon to set up steel tube components project in Rajasthan - Oct 14, 2010
- Rajasthan plans more country-specific industrial zones - Oct 24, 2011
- Filipinos explore business with Rajasthan stone industry - Aug 25, 2012
- New greenfield airport in Rajasthan - Sep 14, 2010
- Honda to make 100cc bike in India - Mar 21, 2011
- Italian firm Sogefi to expand capacity in India - Jul 06, 2012
- Honda Siel to export engine parts to Japan - Sep 08, 2009
- Usha sells stake in Honda Siel Cars to Honda Motor - Aug 10, 2012
- Policy on manufacturing by year-end: Sharma - Aug 21, 2010
- Rajasthan joins bid to woo Tata's Nano project - Aug 25, 2008
Tags: advanced composites, auto sector, burgeoning, business japan, growth trajectory, honda siel, India, investment park, japanese investment, japanese investments, jetro, managing director, mitsui chemicals, neemrana, nissin brakes, per annum, phase iii, rajasthan, riico, wholly owned subsidiary